Michael Vick Apologizes (1 Viewer)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
Just went down to the cafeteria to get some lunch to bring up at my desk. We have a tv set to CNN all day. He was giving his statement.... not scripted or written, just speaking as the words came to him

He apologized to everyone in the world that he let down. He said he acted 'immaturely' in the decisions he made and allowed to happen. (I would have used another word, however... I don't think maturity had anything to do with it. Being soul-less does)

He apologized to all of the young people who looked up to him as a role model... for acting so immaturely and letting them down. He apologized to his team mates on the Falcons, and to everyone involved with the team. He repeated his apologies to everyone in the world a couple of times.

He said that through all of this, he found Jesus and that he turned his life over to Jesus. Now, before you jump the gun here and say something about that statement, time will tell if this is true. Lots of people claim this when they get caught doing something wrong ... sometimes they have 'jail house conversions' once in prison. He went on to say that he has a lot of time ahead of him to think about what he's done. He needs to work on Michael Vick, the person, not the foot ball player.

While his acts and lack of acts, are deplorable to me and I hope he gets the maximum amount of time allowed by the law for what he's done, I will give the man credit for standing before a press conference, being televised around the world, with no pre-written statement of any kind, just speaking.

For HIS sake, I hope he has given his life to Jesus. For many of us, we have to reach rock bottom, before we look up. I would venture to say, Michael Vick has hit his rock bottom. If his committment is real, no one but Jesus knows for sure. Scripture says, ' by your fruits, you will be known'. In other words, actions speak louder then words. Said another way, if you're calling yourself an apple tree, you'd best be producing apples.

So, for those of us who have prayed for this man who is responsible for dispicable acts against animals, it seems as though our prayers have been answered. He will certainly need Jesus when he enters prison, which will be a mainstream prison I hope, and not a white collar one.

There must be appropriate punishment for this man. Where he goes from here, is totally up to him.

Of course he found Jesus! They ALWAYS find Jesus when it involves a felony!

Give me a break!!!

Well, that's why I wrote what I did Suzie. He's announced that to the world. Time will tell. If you don't know that you're in need of a Savior when you in a spot like this, it's not likely that you ever will know it.

Much harder for 'good' people to understand this need.

The only reason Vick is saying he is sorry is because he's sorry he got caught.

This clown needs to be punished for what he has done, however I doubt the punishment will be too stiff.

Dave

As I said, time will tell.

Everyone I know, has been praying for him and his soul-less actions. And if you read what I said, I too, hope he gets severe punishment for those acts.

However, never underestimate the affect that the Creator of all things can have on a human heart.

Time will tell.

Probably for the first time in his life he is being held accountable for his actions. Being a big football star isn't going to save him this time...so pardon me for being a bit cynical that he "found" Jesus.:rolleyes:

Probably for the first time in his life he is being held accountable for his actions. Being a big football star isn't going to save him this time...so pardon me for being a bit cynical that he "found" Jesus.:rolleyes:

No pardon necessary Cheryl. I'm sure you are 100% correct and this is the first time he's been held accountable for his actions. He did say in his press conference, "I have to work on Michael Vick, the person. Not the football player".

As I've stated before.....actions speak louder then words. Time will tell if it's for real. They said the same things about Chuck Colson when he went to prison after Watergate and he 'found' Jesus..... (like HE was the one who was 'lost'). And to this day, the guy still has a worldwide prison ministry.

A person may fool other people with their words about 'conversion'. He/she does not fool Jesus. It's all about apple trees and apples.

There are two kinds of sorrow:
Worldly sorrow, where you are sorry you got caught
and
Godly sorrow, where you are truly sorry for what you did to the point that you would submit fully to the appropriate consequences and also never repeat such an act.

For Michael's sake, I hope his finding Jesus is part of the latter but as Jackee so aptly put it, by his fruits, he shall be known. Time will tell and due to his celebrity, it will all be broadcast publicly.

There are two kinds of sorrow:
Worldly sorrow, where you are sorry you got caught
and
Godly sorrow, where you are truly sorry for what you did to the point that you would submit fully to the appropriate consequences and also never repeat such an act.

For Michael's sake, I hope his finding Jesus is part of the latter but as Jackee so aptly put it, by his fruits, he shall be known. Time will tell and due to his celebrity, it will all be broadcast publicly.

And, because of that celebrity and public broadcast, there will always be those who haven't a clue what it means to walk the Christian walk, (as God, not man, not the church or denomination intends us to walk, and as clearly spelled out in Scripture, ) pointing to everything they can, to 'prove' he wasn't sincere.

I agree with Doc, for Vick's sake, I hope it is part of the latter. And I also hope that he learns to walk with Jesus quietly without fanfare and publicity. There's few things more difficult for a new Christian to do then to have non-Christians (or those who consider themselves to be Christians simply because they are not Jewish, Muslim or any other religion) pointing fingers.

For me, I'm willing to give the man a chance. What others decide about his commitment is their responsibility.

By his fruits, he shall be known. He has done despicable things, in my opinion. But I realize that my energy and thoughts will be better served by continuing to pray for this man, so that he truly is repentant and never does such horrible things to any living creatures again. And that his station in this life, can be used to speak out against such things in the future.

The neat thing about God is that He reaches us where we are, and brings us to where He is. The thief on the cross next to Jesus found this out on Calvary.

Last edited:
.......Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye. (Matthew 7:3-5)

And, because of that celebrity and public broadcast, there will always be those who haven't a clue what it means to walk the Christian walk, (as God, not man, not the church or denomination intends us to walk, and as clearly spelled out in Scripture, ) pointing to everything they can, to 'prove' he wasn't sincere.

I agree with Doc, for Vick's sake, I hope it is part of the latter. And I also hope that he learns to walk with Jesus quietly without fanfare and publicity. There's few things more difficult for a new Christian to do then to have non-Christians (or those who consider themselves to be Christians simply because they are not Jewish, Muslim or any other religion) pointing fingers.

For me, I'm willing to give the man a chance. What others decide about his commitment is their responsibility.

By his fruits, he shall be known. He has done despicable things, in my opinion. But I realize that my energy and thoughts will be better served by continuing to pray for this man, so that he truly is repentant and never does such horrible things to any living creatures again. And that his station in this life, can be used to speak out against such things in the future.

The neat thing about God is that He reaches us where we are, and brings us to where He is. The thief on the cross next to Jesus found this out on Calvary.
Thank you Jackee, wll said!!!!!
Your brother in Christ Eric Williams

Of course he found Jesus! They ALWAYS find Jesus when it involves a felony!

Give me a break!!!

Unless I missed it...he never apologized for all his lies. Remember...he didn't know anything about it...it was his cousin doing it...and until his own friends ratted him out, he proclaimed innocense. Now he says he'll cooperate fully, including other crimes not involving dogs. Once he rats out all his 'friends' there'll be a line of guys waiting for him when his sentence is over.

He's not sorry, he's just working on his image before his sentencing hearing.

He's still as fake as ever. Maybe someone can slip a hungry pissed off bulldog in his cel...while the bulldog's buddies chear the dog on. THAT is justice!

People who claim to be in the know in Vegas are saying that Vick is just the tip of the iceberg, that many NBA and NFL players are sweating what Vick and his cronies are telling the feds. That DMX's (hardcore rapper) house got raided by dogfighting investigators is not coincidental according to these people (though early press reports claim it was).

Remember, Vick's Bad Newz Kennelz was just one breeding operation, they had to have other operations to compete against and thusly gamble with. Also, these weren't $2 bettors, the amount of money that supposedly exchanged hands in this bloodlust narrows down potential suspects quite a bit.

Last edited:
People who claim to be in the know in Vegas are saying that Vick is just the tip of the iceberg, that many NBA and NFL players are sweating what Vick and his cronies are telling the feds. That DMX's (hardcore rapper) house got raided by dogfighting investigators is not coincidental according to these people (though early press reports claim it was).

I sincerely hope that he IS just the tip of the iceberg, and that the Feds will go as far and wide and as deep as they can to put an end to this disgusting practice.

The sentence in this case should be a no-brainer. Sentence him to the max time in the State Prison, not "Club Fed" and let him fight for his life (and certain virginity). Eye for an eye !!!
Signed,
Humanitarian, Dog Lover and LAW ABIDER

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back