Michael Vick pleads Guilty in plea bargin (1 Viewer)

Kelly,

I do think he should be punished for breaking the laws...Moral isues cannot be black and white...that is an individual decision...
But IMO he will play this season and the show will go on...
There are many more situations that deserve more press this this guy and his possee...

And to Glenn...I do have an ESQ in my family...and many more in our pockets for help in positive ways...

Vick is going down..period.

18-36 months in jail. Then the Falcons will go after the $22 million for the signing bonus..after the NFL suspends him indefinately. He certainly won't be playing this year..if ever.

I don't believe you'll see him getting any favors.

He took the plea to avoid further charges..RICO/gambling stuff and more.

He'll pay for this..probably with everything he owns..IMO

IF he ever plays again (after prison) I could see Al Davis calling him to don the silver and black....Al seems to take on all the problem children.

I'm not on Mike Vick's side in this one bit, but it really troubles me that players that have commited Murder (Ray Lewis) or Rape (Kobe Bryant) get a pass. We continually make excuses for Professional athletes behavior. And now all of a sudden animals are involved and some people are talking Lifetime ban from the NFL!

Sportsfans can be very hypocritical! :rolleyes:

Nothing hypocritcal at all unless a person sees things as 'the glass is half empty. '

All that you need to do is encourage others to make a public outcry against those things that trouble you.

There are grass roots efforts involved with all sorts of things. There will always be those who act/react and there will also be those who just complain and criticize. And the really good thing about it is that everyone gets to choose which team they wish to be on. ;)

Kelly,

I do think he should be punished for breaking the laws...Moral isues cannot be black and white...that is an individual decision...
But IMO he will play this season and the show will go on...
There are many more situations that deserve more press this this guy and his possee...

And to Glenn...I do have an ESQ in my family...and many more in our pockets for help in positive ways...

I don't know Terry, electrocuting, hanging and drowning dogs seems pretty black and white to me.

As to there being many more situations that deserve..... probably.... but THIS situation deserves and got world wide attention. Sorry if you're unhappy with this turn of events. :(

No, I do not know that he will be treated as a star....David, read what I wrote.... I said I hope, only because that is what that scumbag deserves. And if anyone feels otherwise...well, KMA!!!

Yes, I did read what you wrote. I do NOT disagree with you Glenn. But I wrote what I'm pretty certain will happen. He'll be "the star" in prison. He'll have his posse, and life for him, compared to, say another federal inmate, will be relatively easy, as far as prison life goes.

While I dont agree with what he did and I think dog fighting is a cruel thing to do and would never watch it myself I dont think he should be thrown under the bus like he has been. I think they are using him to prove a point.

Dog fighting is bad enough, but its the other stuff that really bothers me (the drowning, electrocuting, etc). But still, I think all the people calling for him to be kicked out of the NFL for life are crazy. There are alot more players still playing who have done alot worse. Should he go to jail? Sure. Should he be suspended from the league? My take is no. If a court finds him guilty or he pleads guilty and serves jail time, then thats his punishment, plain and simple.

Personally, I think he will serve about 6 to 8 months and then be out and play the next year. I'm not a Mike Vick fan, never have and never will be, I think he's way overrated but I still think there persacuting the guy and like I said, I dont think what he did was right.

People get arrested for dog fighting all the time and we never hear about it. Its a culture thing also. On vacation a couple of years ago my wife and I went to Puerto Rico. Know what they have there? Arena's for cockfighting. I gotta say, if this was cockfighting I dont think they would have made that big a deal out of it either. Its just what they are used too. Just because you have millions of dollars and play a sport professionally doesnt mean you still dont have all the hoodlum friends and family you grew up with.

Lock him up and let him rot for a few years.

What I want to see done is the NBA, NFL, MLB, etc. all implement a policy that anyone with a felony is out. They're never going to clean up sports if they keep hiring thugs and convicted felons.

While I dont agree with what he did and I think dog fighting is a cruel thing to do and would never watch it myself I dont think he should be thrown under the bus like he has been.

It's safe to say he did that to himself Justin.
The fact that he is a high profile athlete is nobody else’s fault!
Most psychologists will tell you animal cruelty leads to a lot of other activities such as murder so the justice department takes it very seriously.
Most serial killers start out that way.....
Vick has also lied to everyone around him that tried to give him a fair shake because he claimed his innocence which was a lie obviously. :cool:
We will find out Monday the 27th to what he pleaded to and the fact that he pleaded say's he definitely was involved to what extent who knows.
He said at the beginning he had no idea what the tenants were doing at his rental property which now is complete and utter bullshit! :mad:

Re: Michael Vick pleads Guilty in plea bargain

. . .But IMO he will play this season and the show will go on...

There's a bet I'll take! Say $100. to DRAW like Jim Young so thoughtfully wagers?

There's another issue that further solidifies his worthlessness:

This clown proclaimed his innocence boldly until his "associates" all turned on him so he's also a liar beyond being a criminal. Where does the worthlessness end? We are all subject to the same laws so let's enforce them equally despite the presence of celebrity status. OJ still sickens me! Michael just chose different types of victims to brutally murder. Granted, they weren't human and the law is different as a result but the brutality was equally sickening.

He deserves to go to jail! Hellooooo.........is anyone out there concerned about the impression his actions have made on young people? They see this punk doing this crap and they think it is cool or gangsta to kill innocent animals. This disgusting behavior should NOT be tolerated!!! That is the reason we have laws!

Duh! He is a sick man and I hope he becomes someone's b*tch in jail!

I just signed a thank you card to the U.S. Attorneys who
successfully convicted Michael Vick on federal dogfighting
charges. (The card was created by The Humane Society of the
United States.)

Please add your name to the ecard. It will only take a minute.
Here is the link:
https://community.hsus.org/campaign/da_thank_you?rk=adaM6GF18O4fW

There is a prewritten message, but you can write your own if you'd like. I thanked them and also added that I hope Vick spends substantial jail time in a real prison, not some 'white collar' one, with the Dr's, lawyers, corporate executives. If he chose to partake in an activity which represents the depravity of mankind, he should spend some time with some of the other people who represent that category of 'humanity'. I further stated that it is my hope that the NFL ban him for life. We have been living in a society where there are basically no consequences for bad behavior, especially relating to 'celebrities'. Anything less then significant jail time, will not deter others from this barbaric activity. I hope you'll not only sign this card, but also forward this link to friends and family.

Jury selected for Michael Vick

vick.jpg

What some of you are forgetting is the ties to illegal gambling, which is a BIG NO NO in professional sports.

So yes, he should get at least 18 months for the dog fighting, but I think the Feds would have a hard time proving the illegal gambling and he might slide on that end.

But the NFL will hit him for at least 1+ year for the dog fighting and ties to illegal gambling...and that wouldn't start until he is done with his prison sentence.

Birds of a feather? Maybe Vick sang like a bird and we may see more of these type of low life getting a visit from the local lawman.

From the Phoenix, Az Paper
Dogs seized from rapper's home

Judi Villa and Cyrus Karimi
The Arizona Republic
Aug. 25, 2007 12:00 AM

Maricopa County sheriff's deputies found three dead dogs and seized 12 undernourished pit bulls Friday from the Cave Creek-area home of rapper-turned-actor DMX.

Deputies, armed with a search warrant, also found drug paraphernalia, a cache of weapons and several cars with license plates that could not be traced back to the vehicles they were on, authorities said.

DMX, whose real name is Earl Simmons, was not at home when the raid occurred. No one has been arrested.
advertisement

"We have to send a message," said Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, "that we're not going to put up with animal cruelty, no matter who they are."

The dogs were seized after officials received reports about two weeks ago of "animal abuse/neglect" at the home, said Capt. Paul Chagolla of the Sheriff's Office.

"We're doing an investigation," Chagolla said. "There's a lot of work to be done here."

Chagolla could not immediately say if the seized animals had any connection to dogfighting. The blood sport has drawn national attention since NFL star Michael Vick was arrested in July on federal dogfighting charges. Vick signed a plea agreement on Thursday in Richmond, Va.

At the time of Vick's arrest, authorities said an unknown number of pit bulls bought from Arizona breeders were tied to his case.

The dogs found inside Simmons' home did not have the proper food or water, investigators said. Some of the dogs were tied up outside the house without water.

One of the three dead dogs dug up from the backyard was burned, deputies said.

Stacey Richman, a New York attorney who represents Simmons, said the rapper had hired a caretaker to care for the dogs and was not aware until Friday that the employee was only checking on them once a day.

Simmons, 37, is a part-time Valley resident.

The rapper has raised many of the animals since they were puppies and is so devoted to them that he throws them birthday parties, Richman said.

"He loves his animals," Richman said. "He is so committed to them it's ridiculous. They are members of his family."

Deputies found the three dead dogs after digging up the rapper's backyard. Richman said Simmons has owned dogs for years, so it's possible the dead dogs died naturally and were buried.

Word of the animals' conditions was "very upsetting to us," Richman said. "We cannot understand how this can possibly be when we hired someone to care for those animals."

Simmons recently was featured in a reality series on BET that tracked him from New York to his home in Arizona.

The rapper has previously been fined and ordered to make public-service announcements for the Humane Society after police found 13 pit bulls at his home in Teaneck, N.J., in 1999. Simmons pleaded guilty to animal cruelty.He has since continued to make headlines for both Valley musical performances and appearances and run-ins with the law.

In 2004, Simmons slammed his car into a gate at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York after telling a parking attendant that he was a federal agent.

Later that year, he pleaded guilty to reckless endangerment and driving while under the influence of drugs and alcohol. He was sentenced to conditional discharge but ended up in a New York jail in 2005 for violating those conditions.

A year later, the rapper was cited for carrying a concealed handgun outside a Scottsdale nightclub.

The search warrant served on Simmons' house Friday also resulted in the discovery of drug paraphernalia and several automatic and semi-automatic weapons. Arpaio could not immediately say how many guns were seized.

Richman said she didn't have any information about the drug paraphernalia, but she said that in Arizona it is "appropriate" to have weapons.

Meanwhile, Arpaio, an animal-rights crusader, has sent the rescued pit bulls to an air-conditioned cell at the First Avenue Jail in downtown Phoenix.

Richman said Simmons' main concern now is when he can bring his animals home.

"He's been very public about his love for his animals," Richman said. "He adores them."

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back