Methanol and Coolant/Radiator ? (1 Viewer)

Sophia

Nitro Member
I have a 17:1 4 banger that burns meth and I am not running any water in the motor. Temps stay low at the track, but I want to make some pulls on a chassis dyno and change some things that I can't do on an engine brake. Obviously I need to control temps a little better when I do that. I am debating running water and a radiator, or just setting the car up to hook up to a portable coolant system that I just take to the dyno. I don't want to clutter the engine bay up with all that junk.

So my question is this...Do most naturally aspirated alcohol cars run without coolant? Most of the 4 banger alcohol cars DO run water. I have only seen one other running nothing. Any pointers?

Luke, although we don't run any cooling systems on our cars, you can do so for hot-lapping or dyno pulls. You will find some differences however once the individual cylinder temps become more uniform as a result of your flowing coolant. You can better fine tune an engine with coolant however in order to take that information to the track, you'll need to continue to run a cooling system or revert to your old information.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back