Melanie Troxel wins Pro Mod! (1 Viewer)

Agreed! Melanie and the whole R2B2 team has been due to get a Wally for awhile. It finally all came together on race day and I'm glad for 'em!

Congrats to them!

I think it is the most overlooked story of the weekend ... NO ONE to my knowledge has racked up National Event wins in Top Fuel, Funny Car, Alcohol Dragster and Pro Mod.

Sensational job Melanie!!!

Melanie ran a 5.93 in the final round. A very smooth run. She would have gave anyone a run in the final. They earned that win, no doubt about it.

Good; maybe she can start lobbying for NHRA to shake up the schedule and bring the PM's to Bandimere in 2011 ??? I'd love to see them compete on the mountain

And Brainerd too...get rid of the sleds and bikes and bring in Pro Mod !!!

dave, if we ask ask a 1000x do you think someone will listen :rolleyes:
once again, in agreement with you - there's no reason psb has to religiously
race @ BIR every year, regardless of 'MN bike tradition'.

in fact, if they are a pay to play category - why not run elims. on saturday;
i sure would be in my seat to watch those rounds; qualify once
on thursday (another incentive to be @ race on thursday), twice on friday,
race on saturday - not part of sunday program at all - sunday still finishes
on time (4-5pm)

BIR has the pit space to accommodate an extra class
BIR has spectators arriving on monday - PM on thursday could potentially
fill 1/2 the bleachers

But remember.....Their wasn't anyone in the other lane!!!!!!!!in the final

But it doesn't matter.. a win is a win in the record books it shows winner no matter what... i'm sure over the years many of the top drivers have wins on their list that were do to the other driver not making the call...

I believe John Force won a round when Jack Wyatt couldn't make the call last year..... doesn't deminish the record that Jonh went another round does it?

Billy

I believe Warren Johnson won a race this year when a number of opponents broke or otherwise made mistakes. Unless Melanie had her opponent locked up in the hauler, it's not her fault that he didn't make the call. A win is a win.

But it doesn't matter.. a win is a win in the record books it shows winner no matter what... i'm sure over the years many of the top drivers have wins on their list that were do to the other driver not making the call...

I believe John Force won a round when Jack Wyatt couldn't make the call last year..... doesn't deminish the record that Jonh went another round does it?

Billy

That's right, a win is a win..... But in my lifetime, racing meant competing.... not just going out and taking a green... I watched a TAD stage this year in Seattle (by himself), then drive thru the beams and go red... Then go pick up the Wally and take it directly to Marks widow and family... To me, that is a winner in a solo situation....Same with Tony P. in e-town

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back