Melanie out of a ride? (1 Viewer)

That is not information. Hell, that could mean so many things, a ride through Richmond, Vegas, the end of the year, through 07......................... Being an NHRA driver is like being an employee of Ford or GM, you never know when you are going to get the ax, so be prepared.

Maybe the ride Evan is talking about isn't with the NHRA....

Danny

What could he possibly find upsetting about good old all American NHRA?

I think if he has a problem with NHRA he should just take all his nitro cars and go race some where else. There's plenty of nitro sponsors that can come in and replace his cars at a moments notice.

All these bazillionairres can sure get uppity, can't they? Hopefully Evan will sit back and realize that his best answer is "to know his place".

-85% Jimmy

PS - this is more of that facetiousness I warned you all about.

I must disagree with your opinion/impression of Evan Knoll. I know Evan personally and he is the last person who should be defined as the uppity or stereotypical "Bazillionairre". He is a down to earth regular guy whose love for drag racing is greater than anyone I know.

Opinions and rumors tend to run fast on message boards, and it's every member’s right to post theirs here. Passing judgment without knowing the facts however, is unfair and uncalled for. If you are truly interested in Evan's opinion, just ask him. I'm sure he'll be happy to share it with you.

As for going elsewhere and plenty of sponsors ready to replace his cars on a moments notice... Take a look at all the cars in the field (just about EVERY class, sportsman - pro), title sponsorships, shootouts, etc. What name appears most? TORCO or one of its related companies. Evan Knoll (in my opinion) has single handedly done more for this sport than any one single person. His contributions to drag racing can only be compared to that of Wally Parks’.

I must disagree with your opinion/impression of Evan Knoll. I know Evan personally and he is the last person who should be defined as the uppity or stereotypical "Bazillionairre". He is a down to earth regular guy whose love for drag racing is greater than anyone I know.

Opinions and rumors tend to run fast on message boards, and it's every member’s right to post theirs here. Passing judgment without knowing the facts however, is unfair and uncalled for. If you are truly interested in Evan's opinion, just ask him. I'm sure he'll be happy to share it with you.

As for going elsewhere and plenty of sponsors ready to replace his cars on a moments notice... Take a look at all the cars in the field (just about EVERY class, sportsman - pro), title sponsorships, shootouts, etc. What name appears most? TORCO or one of its related companies. Evan Knoll (in my opinion) has single handedly done more for this sport than any one single person. His contributions to drag racing can only be compared to that of Wally Parks’.

Ah Angelo...
Which part of facetiousness didn't you understand in Jim's post?
Sometimes, sarcasm is a good thing... Jim came to praise Evan, not to bury him...

Ah Angelo...
Which part of facetiousness didn't you understand in Jim's post?
Sometimes, sarcasm is a good thing... Jim came to praise Evan, not to bury him...

Oops... Sorry, I thought that was part of his signature. :eek:

OK, I am truly sorry for the misunderstanding and to Jim... I apologize if I have offended you. I do stand by what I said about Evan and the comparison to Wally Parks.

Now, if everyone will excuse me, I have to go burry my head in the sand. :eek:

Oops... Sorry, I thought that was part of his signature. :eek:

OK, I am truly sorry for the misunderstanding and to Jim... I apologize if I have offended you. I do stand by what I said about Evan and the comparison to Wally Parks.

Now, if everyone will excuse me, I have to go burry my head in the sand. :eek:

As a charter member of the "foot in mouth" club, I can assure you that you have a long way to go before you catch up to the number of times I've screwed up. :eek:

Angelo....
Believe me... we all do it.... I've had to re-read whole treads to catch somethings by missing just one word:eek:

Now would someone tell me how to time my clicking on a tread to the shift light coming on with those tach thingys :confused: I'm only hitting it one outta every twenty tries:eek:

I don't know Evan Knoll or the circumstances of the Skullgear deal with Melanie. But I'm just glad people like him are spending they're Million's on Drag racing! Where would this sport be without the Connie Kalitta's, Ken Black's, Evan Knoll's and Don Schumacher's of the World? I'm sure there are other's I'm leaving out, but Professional Drag racing would be Hurtin for certain without these guys and that's a fact! :confused:

Thanks Evan!

Melanie is a first class person in the car and out and her being in a first rate nitro car is good for all of drag racing.

Same for Hillary, of course, but it dosn't appear shes in jeopardy of losing her ride.

I get a big kick out of Hillary's blog over at NHRA, by the way.

Part of Melanie's appeal is her marraige to TJ jr. Husband and wife nitro jockeys. Now that is really cool. TJ is as well rounded and all around great as Melanie is, by the way.

-85% Jimmy

(Never met Melanie, but I have spoken to TJ a few times. Being an excellent judge of characer, I can assure you he's excellent in every area of what makes a person a good dude)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back