Matt Hagan Is An ****** (1 Viewer)

It's easy to set a record for year over year increase in attendance when you are coming off the lowest attendance average for the league in almost 30 years. =
You missed the point. MLB did have declining attendance. They looked at the reasons why and made changes to the game to address the reasons people were not coming as often. They turned around the decline.

Imagine that. Listen to why customers don't like your product and make changes. Shocking, isn't it?

You missed the point. MLB did have declining attendance. They looked at the reasons why and made changes to the game to address the reasons people were not coming as often. They turned around the decline.

Imagine that. Listen to why customers don't like your product and make changes. Shocking, isn't it?
If that was the case, why did it take 30 years of declining attendance for them to do that? You realize NHRA attendance has been up post Covid, right?

I'd rather they look at an entertainment company like Disney that puts customer service and the customer experience first.

Or take a cue from Major League Baseball and speed things up.
The purpose is to examine the business model and marketing angles a of a successful company that exists in the same entertainment world that you do. Its rather obvious you do not like the WWE and what it is a global business that does but 1.5 plus billion dollars in annual revenue and it is hard to ignore that what they do, works. Its not what the business does, its how it organizes, markets and sells itself weither its cars on a race track or entertainers in a ring.

If that was the case, why did it take 30 years of declining attendance for them to do that? You realize NHRA attendance has been up post Covid, right?

It took 30 years of declining attendance for the change because change often comes at a glacial pace for large institutions or organizations, especially those not publicly traded. Or government. And in both these cases - government and baseball, you're talking about essential monopolies, where there often little incentive to change to begin with. Look no further than your local public school system for proof of that.

Please prove your assertation that NHRA attendance is up post covid. NHRA, unlike almost any other attendance base event, refuses to announce ticket sales or actual attendance. Prior threads on this board have not even been able to determine what the seating capacities at the tracks are.

Last edited:
The purpose is to examine the business model and marketing angles a of a successful company that exists in the same entertainment world that you do. Its rather obvious you do not like the WWE and what it is a global business that does but 1.5 plus billion dollars in annual revenue and it is hard to ignore that what they do, works. Its not what the business does, its how it organizes, markets and sells itself weither its cars on a race track or entertainers in a ring.

"The purpose is to examine the business model and marketing angles a of a successful company that exists in the same entertainment world that you do."

I don't think racing of any kind is in the same world as professional wrestling. OnlyFans has been wildly successful in its "field" but does it warrant being copied? For NHRA?

I agree with your point about how a company/organization markets and organizes itself directly connects to it success. But each must follow its own path there. In that respect, I'm not sure NHRA has been fully successful. Or maybe it has been and our expectations are off.

These are horrible examples. Disney has been hemorrhaging money since the before the pandemic began, which has only accelerated their issues. It's why they had to beg Bob Iger to come out of retirement and also why they are the constant subject of sale rumors and why they are actively exploring the sale of ESPN which is far and away their best performing and most valuable asset.

MLB's television packages for their markets are completely collapsing and leaving the individual teams scrambling to supplement their biggest forms of revenue. If you think the difference between the haves and have nots is vast in drag racing, take a look at the discrepancies in MLB payrolls. As far as speeding things up...the cars are going almost 340mph and the crews are turning them around inside of 60 minutes. How the hell more sped up do you want it to be?

The value of a dollar goes further at an NHRA national event then any other professional sport when you take into account the length of time of the entertainment provided compared to what it costs to get in the gate. And no other motorsport (or any sport really) on the planet comes close to giving fans the amount of access available at a drag race. Could things be improved? Of course! But they aren't as bad as the picture you are painting either.

DIsney went woke, period. About baseball - children today simply aren't playing in little league baseball like they once were. The decline of black baseball players has noticeably declined in the past 30 years; Newsweek had a good article about that. Baseball overall has lost the interest of many Americans, myself included, because of the strike, salaries, etc.

About drag racing speeding things up, I think what the other poster meant was at many races, at least ones I've been too the past 4-5 years, there's at least 90 minutes between rounds often. An not always due to track issues like clean-up. I like to look at the event schedules and then see how far off they get inevitably delayed. Unless impending weather is coming, there's not 60 minutes between pro rounds. And I've wrote before about it takes 5 seconds to run a round and then 3-5 minutes before the next pair go. Interesting I think.

And I've wrote before about it takes 5 seconds to run a round and then 3-5 minutes before the next pair go. Interesting I think.
Five minutes between runs is nothing. It’s not like the fuel cars fire up and immediately make a pass. There’s plenty needing to be done before that happens.
Once the previous run is over, the cars need to get off the track before the next pair is told to fire up.
Then, once they fire up, there’s the burnout, backing up, one person removes the throttle stop while the crew chief sets the idle, then the driver stages the car.
Getting everything done in five minutes is quite an accomplishment.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back