Maters, I Need Helmet Suggestions (1 Viewer)

FABMAN

Nitro Member
My daughter has a 04 Mustang GT and she wants to go to track and whip up on the boys. I need to get a good helmet for her, any suggestions?:confused:

In my opinion IMPACT makes the best Helmets out there. They are worth every penny.

Dave

Simpson.....Diamondback......top in its class.....a bit overkill for a bracket car but then again is there anything overkill when it comes to safety?

jOkA!:cool:

Jesse,

You can get a very nice THH Snell M2000 or 2005 for a very reasonable price. They are full face. I got mine for less than $75 delivered. My oldest son has used it running his 04 GT, and our 88GT. Yes, if you are going to run at KCIR, everyone has to wear a helmet.

Go with Impact, and get a full face helmet. Bill Simpson has dedicated his entire life to the safety of drivers. Good products and made here in the USA to boot, unlike the Simpson stuff. And FWIW, I wouldn't advise anyone to put a $75 helmet on their head. I know I'd want the right stuff on me, even if I was only going 100 MPH.

Impact is the best money can buy. However, there are some less expensive options that will fit the bill for a street car just fine. A full-face helmet by G-Force sold by Summit Racing is a very affordable model. You may also want to see what your local track track has in the way of helmets for rent. If nothing else, you can get a good number on the size and style of helmet that she is most comfortable with. Good luck! :)

I am going to go in contrast with most everyone here.
How does it fit your head? THAT is the most important thing. There are lots of good makers with similar quality. Bell, Impact, Simpson, Pyrotect, G-force, and some others I have seen around. Find what fits best. I would lean tward a full face helmet. Lots of the older certs are floating around on brand new helmets that make it so you can get a great hat for almost half the $$. Check ebay. For her, a current cert will not be the most important thing. Find out what fits. My head fits Bell. I cannot wear a Simpson no matter how good the quality is. Just cannot do it. So I wear what works.
For me, I would not rent. Get one that works and let her sticker and doll it up to customize it.
If she were racing funny-car, I would worry about the best one out there. But for a 14 second car, get a decent one that fits well.

If you have ever played football for an underfunded athletic program, like I have, Buzzz's advice speaks volumes. Even if it's only for a couple passes every other weekend a helmet that doesn't fit well leaves you little else to think about other than the miserable fitting helmet.
Try before you buy!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back