Mater's going to Vegas (1 Viewer)

I'm going. Though I'll be there Thursday night, I'll skip the fan fest. Done it before, and aside from the chance to see Fremont street, it's mostly just a rugby scrum of people, and not that much fun. IMHO.

Bringing the g/f up (her first nitro race) for Saturday and Sunday... What time at the Raceday broadcast Sunday? I have a sign...;)

On another note:
(Inserting hijack here) :D

Nice article by Burgess on some of the East Coast guys-

Features

Hey Drake- glad to see you're still vertical, buddy!! It's been a while... I still have a ton of postcards from you of the green car :cool:

I will be there but not until late Thursday. Vegas over Halloween should prove entertaining............:)

I will be there but not until late Thursday. Vegas over Halloween should prove entertaining............:)

It's always a blast, I try not to miss it. 364 days a year you see people in their best "Vegas Wear", which is already over the top. On Halloween, I skip the expensive shows, and find a cheap blackjack table near one of the "hot" nightclubs (Caesars is good) and just do some great people watching. Free drinks, and all the entertainment you can handle.

I was thinking about stopping by for the weekend. Then the SEMA show, then the division race, then the PSCA race, then the Thanksgiving Bracket Nationals.......

Hey Chris! What night are we going to Hooters? And who's turn is it to get the check?

Alan

I am already here. PS car testing the last two days, fun starts tomorrow, track scrapping, Yuck!! well got to get it done so the painting can start.

I’m in. Just got off the puter and made our reservations at Luxor for all 4 nights. Going to trailer a couple Harley’s from Colorado and use them to get around while we are there. Can’t wait!

I was thinking about stopping by for the weekend. Then the SEMA show, then the division race, then the PSCA race, then the Thanksgiving Bracket Nationals.......

Hey Chris! What night are we going to Hooters? And who's turn is it to get the check?

Alan

There is a new Hooters in town ... but it is a million miles from LVMS.

What day you coming in?

I have it on good authority that a couple o' Texans and a southern Canadian will be there. Hey Chris, glad you're back from the other part of the world. It was bad enough not having you at Indy. Vegas without you would be really depressing.

I have it on good authority that a couple o' Texans and a southern Canadian will be there. Hey Chris, glad you're back from the other part of the world. It was bad enough not having you at Indy. Vegas without you would be really depressing.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Kosovo even though it was a lot of work. I wish I could have stayed longer. With that being said, I haven't seen a nitro car since April, and that is just ridiculous.

PS I have only been stateside since Monday, and it has rained, a lot, every day here in Vegas since I have been back. Hope this trend does not continue into next week.

Mercifully, the 10-day forecasts I can find all show it clearing up tomorrow and then being <10% chance of rain as far out as you can see. Highs in the upper 70s. Super!

Im in Eugene, you going with us to the Rio??
You can count me in Jeff. I'm flying to chicago Friday to pick up the hauler. Heck that's tomorrow, I had better pack. I should be in Vegas Sunday night or Monday morning. I shouldn't have any blowouts, because Bode just put 18 new tires on the hauler. When are you and Andy getting in?

Last edited:
You can count me in Jeff. I'm flying to chicago Friday to pick up the race hauler. Heck that's tomorrow, I had better pack. I should be in Vegas Sunday night or Monday morning. I shouldn't have any blowouts, because Bode just put 18 new tires on the race hauler. When are you and Andy getting in?

Andy will be there Monday...im tryin to change my flight from Tuesday to Monday but worst case Tuesday afternoon..See ya there buddy!

I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Kosovo even though it was a lot of work. I wish I could have stayed longer. With that being said, I haven't seen a nitro car since April, and that is just ridiculous.

PS I have only been stateside since Monday, and it has rained, a lot, every day here in Vegas since I have been back. Hope this trend does not continue into next week.

Knowing I am the rainmaker at any local dragstrip, I'm glad it's doing it now, since the law of averages have to work in our favor for next week. Looks like mid to upper 70's and sunny right now.

I'll be there!! First trip to the Strip and looking forward to it. Tickets arrived today and we fly out early Thursday morning.:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back