Marketing survey....What's more popular with the fans...T/F or F/C? Opinions...? (1 Viewer)

OK...Please pick your favorite Pro Class In NHRA..! (Just One Vote Per Person Please)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jay

Nitro Member
I am fairly new to the business of NHRA drag racing, but I was posed this question by a company that I have done some business with in other forms of racing, and they wanna know, so I thought you guys would be the best qualified to answer....Any help on this one from a fans perspective?

Thanks,

Jay

Very interesting question there Jay,
What's more popular??
T/F is my answer... Why?? They are the fastest accelerating machines on planet earth!!
They have always been the KINGS of the SPORT! and always will... I know alot of people think that F/C because of ad space... However I think Mike Kloeber took care of that, now did'nt he??
A F/C with that NITRO bomb in your lap, and that clutch between your feet, both wanting to eat you alive, trapped in a bubble of a firestorm...
I say T/F for the reasons stated above...
You opened a can of worms here Bro!!:D

Re: Marketing survey....What's more poular with the fans...T/F or F/C? Opinions...?

I'm an addict and like all classes down to stock. If pushed I'd have to say Funny Car, its the closest thing to Fuel Altereds.

S/F
D

Re: Marketing survey....What's more poular with the fans...T/F or F/C? Opinions...?

Funny Cars.. Though I truly liked them even more back when you could glance at a car an know it was a Mustang or Vette.... Today's cars all appear the same to me at first glance.. Sometimes even second glance.. :mad:

NHRA drag racing is an intersting motor sport. There is more than one class of competitiors. I am sure that you will find a variety of opinions as varied as the fans.

I have been a drag racing fan since 1976 and have enjoyed the action over the years.

My favorites are:
#1 Pro Stock Motorcycle
#2 Pro Stock Car
#3 Super Comp
#4 Alcohol Funny Car
#5 Alcohol Dragster
#6 Nitro Funny Car
#7 Nitro Top Fuel

Pro Mod:p is my favorite. Then Funny car.

Out of the two...

T/F

Pro Mod... because they are fast and still look like "cars"... followed by F/C and then T/F

I would say Funny Car is my favorite. ........ Now, if I was a sponsor looking to get in, I would consider TF first. Why?

The FC field is so strong right now, that you are going to have 3-4 full time cars not making the show every race. There are just too many good cars.
I think you would stand a better chance on going with a top fuel team, your odds would be better on being in the show on Sunday. Now, if the teams you are choosing are already top 10 cars, then nevermind, but if it is a new team starting out, that's something to think about.

Take a look at how hard FC is going to be this year. Let's assume the JFR and DSR teams will make the show every time, because they probably will.

1. Robert Hight
2. John Force
3. Eric Medlen
4. Ashley Force
5. Gary Scelzi
6. Ron Capps
7. Jack Beckman
8. Cruz Perdegon
9. Tony Pedregon
10. Del Worsham
11. Jeff Arend
12. Gary Densham
13. Mike Ashley
14. Tony Bartone

Ok there is 14 cars that are part of multi car teams, or an "alliance"
Now- single car teams

15. Kenny Bernstein
16. Tim Wilkerson
17. Scott Kalitta
18. Bob Gilbertson
19. Tommy Johnson Jr.

Wow! That is a lot!

Now, throw in some part time guys that go not all the events.

20. Jim Head
21. Terry Haddock
22. Frank Pedregon
23. Bob Bode

Sorry for the long post, but I just got to thinking how fun this is going to be!

Last edited:

I will take FC over TF any day of the week.

I doubt many "fans" really care. How many people do you see get up & leave thier seats after one or the other finishes running at a national event? Compared to how the stands clear out after the pro classes run.

Between the two it's too close to call, but if pressed I'd have to say Top Fuel.

I think its a toss up. Dragsters and the fastest, funny cars are the wildest.

beyond on the track, funny car may be more fun just because of the personalities involved. Force, Scelzi, Capps, Bazemore, Medlen (before the move). They either give funnier interviews, do crazy skits (scelzi says) or speak their mind. Dragster doesn't seem to have that type of off the wall persoanlity or shoot from the hip person yet. Someday when I'm hired though that will change :)

beyond on the track, funny car may be more fun just because of the personalities involved. Force, Scelzi, Capps, Bazemore, Medlen (before the move). They either give funnier interviews, do crazy skits (scelzi says) or speak their mind. Dragster doesn't seem to have that type of off the wall persoanlity or shoot from the hip person yet. Someday when I'm hired though that will change :)

Lest we not forget - Whit Bazemore earned his cross-over license this weekend... that's all about to change. Thankfully I might add, because you're right.

Last edited:

F/C for me....since day one. (yes y'all, Capps was in T/F when I got involved in NHRA) :)

For me, its which ever one can give me the most non tire smoking, side by side 300mph runs on any give sunday !! :)

jf

I love it all, but in the end I guess my answer is Top Fuel. When I started going to the races the first racecar I ever worked on was a Chrysler powered AA/FD. When A/FX(Later evolving into Funny Car) came along the popularity of Top Fuel really fell off. Later when the Funny Cars began to evolve into carbon fiber dragons that all looked the same the T/F cars started making a strong comeback. The first four second and 300 mph runs didn't hurt either. It's strange that the question of what's more popular seems to go in cycles. Doesn't anyone remember that about ten years ago everyone was afraid that Top Fuel was going the way of the dodo? Didn't happen though, did it?

That is absolutly true Darryl,
I do not remember what changed NHRA's mind, but T/F was gone... Could'nt have been fan input, because they don't seem to listen to us at all... PP:D

1. Pro Stock
2. Pro Mod
3. Funny Car

I agree PJ! Especially since you look almost as good as Capps does in a dress!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back