March Meet 2016? (1 Viewer)

After continuously competing at the March Meet for the last 20 years with our car, we're going to skip next years event. Been feeling this for the last 4-5 years that the cost does not justify the return and I think my dad has finally agreed.

In other words, the March Meet has out grown us and unless we get hired on as a crew, we'll stay home and watch it on Bangshift.

After continuously competing at the March Meet for the last 20 years with our car, we're going to skip next years event. Been feeling this for the last 4-5 years that the cost does not justify the return and I think my dad has finally agreed.

In other words, the March Meet has out grown us and unless we get hired on as a crew, we'll stay home and watch it on Bangshift.
Gino, that's to bad I always like hearing about the race from your aspect. Are the people running the show aware that racers are not coming because of expense. Is there anywhere cost can be shave to help keep you guys coming back. I love Drag Racing at all levels and the cars involved. Just hate hearing this.

Actually Jesse, the March Meet has become too successful. When you have more than 30 cars per class and a total car count of over 500, there is no need to reduce costs. Besides, it's events like this that helps carry the track and other local businesses through the year.

It is the costs vs. the return. 5 days there with a crew of 5 and 1 pass per day only to fight through 32 competitors to get a trophy and some Heritage points (which we do not pursue). Not to mention using vacation time by some of the guys and others having to shut there businesses down. No, we'll wait for another opportunity to run our car while still supporting the track.

I'm happy for those who go there from far away lands to fulfill there dreams by competing at the Mecca of nostalgia racing. I wish no ill will towards anyone and I'm not bitter about it. Just feel the March Meet success has out grown us.

http://bangshift.com/bangshift1320/the-2016-good-vibrations-march-meet-date-is-set/

Last edited:
Sorry we won't get to see you guys. Our group will be there. We see this race as a must do. It's about the only time all of us show up at the same time. I just chalk it up to my one vacation a year. I gave up on the idea of any kind of return with my slow ass D/G truck long ago. Jim in NE/2 and Wayne in C/G will do good, like always. Wayne is 22 points behind going into next weekend and he's hoping to close the deal this time. He just missed last year and he really wants it. Tell Larry we said hi.

Floyd, don't be surprise if we show up next week with our second A/G car to compete (test our 32-valve blown BBC combo). As of now we are up in the air to go or not. For the remainder of 2015 we will be at the ANRA Finals and CHRR. Entry for the CHRR will be mailed today.

Earlier this year we bought a new '28 tag trailer and since then, we were given the old "PANIC" AA/FA toterhome and '38 gooseneck trailer. The toterhome is a '81 Chevy C6500 and needs lots of TLC, while the trailer may be used for extra storage or sold off. This Winter's project is to refurbish the toterhome and use it in 2016 with the new trailer. It remains to be scene if this was a good deal or not.

We raced the inaugural Vintage 7.60 (A/G and NE1 combined) in July at Fontana and had a great time. Looking to do it again in 2016.

With all this talk about "El Nino" this winter, you may want to take that in to consideration for the March Meet. I remember getting stuck there a few years-ago when the snow storm closed the Grapevine and 6 of us spent 2 days living in a small RV with heavy rains and 80 mph winds.

Jay, if you like nostalgia at all, this is the race to attend. You will see one of the best Nostalgia car shows and see the best racing you have ever thought about. The racing gets so tight you better damn near run the number or you're not going to qualify. Either last year or the year before a 8.63 didn't get in B/G 8.60 index class. Well worth the trip. Funny car alone is worth the trip. I'm easy to find. Look us up if you get there.

our b/g opel gt wont be ready for the march meet but we'll be there saturday to watch.lookin to run c/g at all the anra races this year.steppin down a class is more fun anyways

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back