Maple Grove (1 Viewer)

It sure is! I was hooked watching in high school in 1960. Started racing and winning in '61,'62 and on. Took a break because the corporations I owned didn't like jumping out of airplanes or racing explosive cars but got back in on and off through the '80s and quit just 5 years ago. I still go to a few National events, and as long as I'm able. It's a great sport!

It sure is! I was hooked watching in high school in 1960. Started racing and winning in '61,'62 and on. Took a break because the corporations I owned didn't like jumping out of airplanes or racing explosive cars but got back in on and off through the '80s and quit just 5 years ago. I still go to a few National events, and as long as I'm able. It's a great sport!
??? Has it been sold or not?

Shows still for sale
Screenshot_20200104-091620_Chrome.jpg

I am surprised the N.H.R.A. as not purchased Maple Grove or at least tried considering the market area it covers.

Without Maple Grove what other tracks cover this market area for drag racing for National level events?

Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

Penske (Truck Leasing - one of his private companies) is headquartered right up the street. Given that he just bought the whole Indy 500 bundle, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that he might add to his entertainment portfolio.

That said, Penske is not an idiot - perhaps $8 million asking price is just too much $$ for him (or anyone else).

Nhra is cheap
Here's a GREAT opportunity for all the NHRA bashers and know-it-all keyboard owners, drivers, promoters and marketers on the Mater to pool your resources and buy Maple Grove. Show everyone how easy it is to promote a track, find sponsors, arrange for media and publicity, deal with local, state and federal governments and make EVERYONE happy, including the fans and the racers.

Here's a GREAT opportunity for all the NHRA bashers and know-it-all keyboard owners, drivers, promoters and marketers on the Mater to pool your resources and buy Maple Grove. Show everyone how easy it is to promote a track, find sponsors, arrange for media and publicity, deal with local, state and federal governments and make EVERYONE happy, including the fans and the racers.
That would be wayyyyy to many owners to work with lol. Nhra is cheap,just look at the payouts for winners etc

I don't think that they will have problems with the neighbors because when they have a big event, The neighbors charge for parking in their yards. A win win for everyone.

First order of business should be to make real restrooms,not porta potty city. Those bathrooms are like old chicken coops lol
You’re pissing in a hole in a bucket, does it really matter? Don’t mind the porta potties, but I could do without the porta potty lifeguards. When you pay a fortune to take the family to the track after tickets, souvenirs and food/drink, the last thing you need is somebody soliciting a tip from you because he pointed out which porta potty was open. I can tell the difference between red and green.

You’re pissing in a hole in a bucket, does it really matter? Don’t mind the porta potties, but I could do without the porta potty lifeguards. When you pay a fortune to take the family to the track after tickets, souvenirs and food/drink, the last thing you need is somebody soliciting a tip from you because he pointed out which porta potty was open. I can tell the difference between red and green.
Guess im spoiled comparing bristol to maple grove,even richmond is alot more nice.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back