Man, 20 y/o Bobby Bode drove thru that explosion like a veteran (1 Viewer)

Bobby is entered in the up-coming race in Virginia, I assume that they came up with a new body?
Well Capps should have some bodies for sale... I don't think the Bode's have any allegiance to a particular manufacturer. I heard Force is out of his Mustangs that have showed up on many cars.

Well Capps should have some bodies for sale... I don't think the Bode's have any allegiance to a particular manufacturer. I heard Force is out of his Mustangs that have showed up on many cars.
Tasca or Wilk may have something

I remember that day. I stayed Sunday night at the track and there was a pretty good party in the ZOO at "camp pallet" for Bob. Most of the fans were gone and it was mainly racers celebrating Bob's win. Fun times!
That was a pretty awesome day to say the least. There were so many teams that offered to help if we needed them to turn the car around for the final round, but we actually got the job done without needing anyone. If I remember right, in the final round we had to put an engine back in that we ran earlier in the rounds that we had taken out because one of the crank journals looked a little iffy... and I think it kicked a rod in the final. I couldn't believe how excited other teams were after that win. When we were towing the car back to the trailer all of the other teams were standing at the end of their trailers clapping as we went past their pits. Then seeing Alan Johnson and Del Worsham coming down to the trailer and personally congratulating Bob made everyone's day. I remember Del talking all of us into going to the zoo, so off we went, and yes it was a pretty good time for sure. Then to finish the night off we all went to Applebee's for dinner, and we had the Wally sitting right in the middle of the table and other crew guys that were there came over to congratulate Bob. Then the icing on the cake for me was 2 weeks later at Indy when the man himself John Force walked up to Alice Bode and myself while we were waiting to run and congratulated us. NHRA drag racing is one big family. Here is a short video that my buddy Doug Fanning shot.

That's a cool video, thanks for sharing. I didn't remember Bobby coming up on stage and holding the trophy.

There's a similar video of Greg Stanfield winning Houston (I think) in Pro Stock where he gives the trophy to Aaron who is about the same age as Bobby was there.

Good Times,
Alan

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back