Man, 20 y/o Bobby Bode drove thru that explosion like a veteran (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member

Sheesh I remember seeing that guy as a little kid scampering around the pits at Pomona now he's manhandling nitro funny cars like a grown man.
gusf.gif

Great job Bode family!!! I was cheering for ya. That 1st win is coming soon! Keep on keepin' on!!!

Heck, I used to push him in his stroller around the pits when he was only a year old. That explosion was identical to the one Bob had at Indy. I remember Alice grabbed my arm during Bobs explosion and she didn't stop trembling until I told her he was out of the car and ok. So, I can only imagine how she felt with Bobby's boomer. She text me a pic of the body today after they got back to the trailer and it didn't look to good. Well now he has his first explosion under his belt and doesn't have to wonder what it feels like anymore. I'm so happy to see him get to his first final.

We had a guy who it was his first time at a National event. We were looking to baptize him in nitro. Bob pits were not to crowded so I said let's hang out here. It was enjoyable just watching them work on the car before Friday Q1. They seemed to be relaxed and enjoying themselves, kidding around, and Alice serving beef jerky to them. Like a bunch of friends working on a car for beer money. One of my friends said that the other teams looked like robots, these guys are human and I have to agree.
After starting and running the car on alcohol a couple of times(to check timing I guess) they grabbed mask and one of crew guys pointed at my buddy and said "You going to be the first one to run" and started laughing. Well I am proud to say he was one of the last to run. It was awesome to watch them work, best part of my weekend.
Well after he won second round, we decided that if he wins today, we were his good luck charm. Thanks Team Brode. You have a fan for life.

Only downfall was, he didn't do a Raymond Beadle (Gators rollover) when he got out of the car. LOL
But considering hi seat time I'm sure he had other thoughts on his mind he did an awesome driving job.

During his interview before the final, Bobby seemed much more mature than the 20 years old that he is. I like Hagan but I was pulling for Bobby in the final.
When my wife and I were at our hotel on Saturday during the Phoenix race, we were getting ready to leave the hotel and went to one of the elevators. When the door opened, Bob Bode and his wife were in it. I'm sure they noticed my reaction of recognition in seeing them. We got to talking about the race. They asked us where we were from and if we go to many races. They were super friendly. You can't help but root for them.
I hope they can recover from the boomer and get back out to the track sooner rather than later.

Good on Tony Stewart for buying Bobby a new helmet.
nice gesture by TS to offer those kind words to bobby and the helmet replacement........but what is really amazing is the sally struthers gif paul flores came up with in 1st post!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back