Major Moves With Al Anabi FC Team (1 Viewer)

I'm a little surprised by this move. I don't think the Sheik likes having a middle of the pack car. Was hoping AJ would or could stick with the FC long enough to prove he could tune one. I think the jury is still out.
Glad they're giving Del the seat.

got this quote from AJ's press release.
“With all that has happened this season, we decided to move forward with the change.
Question--- what happened :confused:

Maybe the Al-Anabi's expierence with the FC shows how difficult it is to race one of those things. Even with an unlimited budget and TOP NOTCH team, they still couldn't dominate the field. There really hasn't been a dominating team or car since J Force did it by himself (and team) through the 90's (as a single car).

Take away the multi-car teams there wouldn't be one stand out. Sure you hear alot about JF today, but they have 3 cars and they aren't really winning on a consistent basis.

Unlike TF (Schumacher and Dixon) -- err.. A Johnson -- has been dominating since B Johnson was set to win it back then.

Del belongs in a FC, but I'm glad to see he'll still be driving

That about summs it up for me too. I am surprised that they weren't able to get it figured out. They have some great people and lots of power.
I am a big Dixon and Worsham fan. I hope that having two T/F'ers will benefit both. Good luck to them.

Didn't AJ "DUMP" on Scelzi and said he couldn't drive because AJ couldn't figure out how to tune a funny car ??;)

lot's of fc parts for sale after pomona including guessing at least
(2) bodies..........bodies to existing 3 toyota players? or will there
be a new fourth toyota team next year?

also -
i think? bradley tuned del in primm's car into the 300mph club?
(that was an easy car to like :cool:)

Last edited:
Speaking of stuff for sale, I see Dexter Tuttle has his whole operation for sale. Too bad, they run very well. Any word on that team?

I'm surprised that they have never hired Chuck Worsham to tune that car. He had Del flying for years on a much smaller budget than an Al Anabi budget.

I'm surprised that they have never hired Chuck Worsham to tune that car. He had Del flying for years on a much smaller budget than an Al Anabi budget.

I was wondering the exact same thing.......:confused:

But then again, maybe Chuck doesn't want the travel schedule running a team takes.

If Alexis ran as good yesterday as a very accurate reporter told me do we see any kind of scenario here?

New unemployed 1st class crew chief, abandoned Funny Car operation , Tequila Patron scion Akexis' lifetime dream about to be fulfilled.

Well I'm glad they're coming out right off the bat stating that DW will be driving the rail; as opposed to keep us hanging all winter long. Larry & Del should be pretty competitive next year. Larry's needed a teammate all along.

If Alexis ran as good yesterday as a very accurate reporter told me do we see any kind of scenario here?

New unemployed 1st class crew chief, abandoned Funny Car operation , Tequila Patron scion Akexis' lifetime dream about to be fulfilled.

now that would be cool!

Didn't AJ "DUMP" on Scelzi and said he couldn't drive because AJ couldn't figure out how to tune a funny car ??;)

Sort've. Selzi quit and while doing so said it was tough to drive a car that didn't have all four wheels on the ground. AJ then said, the only reason they had a F/C was Selzi's desire to drive one instead of a Top Fueler. Then Sarver got in the car and ran some STOUT numbers.
(Whatever all this/that means)

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back