Lynn Nickerson (1 Viewer)

Excuse my stupidy, is this the same Lynn mentioned in Will Hanna's post over at Inside Top Alcohol?
If it is get an account set up!
Lee
Nitroclovers

RE: Paypal

How would one go about setting up a paypal account for this? I've never done one for a fund. Any help would be appreciated.

My buddy Doug Foley has offered a free 2-day advanced course at Doug Foley's Drag Racing School for Lynn to use whenever he wants.

INCREDIBLE!! Thank you, Doug.
The racing community is populated for the most part by great people.

Wil, what happened to your post on ITA about Lynn?

Lee
Nitroclovers

Apparently, the Frank Hawley course had been donated by the Harker family to Lynn. They had successfully bid on the one of the two free courses donated by Frank Hawley during the Dream House auction.

Great for Lynn and a class act by Doug Foley as well.

Now Lynn will be driving all over the place.

Last edited:
RE: Paypal

How would one go about setting up a paypal account for this? I've never done one for a fund. Any help would be appreciated.

You need to set up a paypal account with an email and a bank account.

Then, I've had great luck using ChipIn for donations, because you can embed the little widget on websites so people have a way to just click and donate.

this may be a dumb question but why would'nt frank hawley donate the course? it sounds like lynn deserves it and it would have been great publicity for the school.

What kind of cancer does he have? Is he in remission, or still under going treatment?
I am so tired of hearing of good people getting cancer and not beating it. I hope he is an exception.

Lori,
Lynn had cancer of the esophogus (sp?) several years ago (in remission), and has just come off a bout with (if I remember correctly) pancreatic & kidney cancer (in remission as well).
Lynn is a terrific guy and has always wanted to drive a race car (he used to race dirt bikes) and the racers in D4 told him that if he whipped it again they'd get him a shot in a race car. With Jack Beckman also being a cancer survivor AND an instructor @ Hawleys the natural connection was made.

Looks right now like school will be in December @ Gainesville.

BTW, Lynn is self employed and any excess funding does go to help cover his medical expenses......

Unk

And BTW, Tip of the Cap to Doug Foley for his generous offer. Another good guy in the sport!

Last edited:
Lori,
Lynn had cancer of the esophogus (sp?) several years ago (in remission), and has just come off a bout with (if I remember correctly) pancreatic & kidney cancer (in remission as well).
Lynn is a terrific guy and has always wanted to drive a race car (he used to race dirt bikes) and the racers in D4 told him that if he whipped it again they'd get him a shot in a race car. With Jack Beckman also being a cancer survivor AND an instructor @ Hawleys the natural connection was made.

Looks right now like school will be in December @ Gainesville.

BTW, Lynn is self employed and any excess funding does go to help cover his medical expenses......

Unk

And BTW, Tip of the Cap to Doug Foley for his generous offer. Another good guy in the sport!

Thanks Unk. I don't know if you remember me, but we were in Topeka at Ray Hill's drag racing school together about 8-10 yrs ago and I was the only girl. You may have to jog your brain, but you know my husband and bro-in-law I am pretty sure.
Sorry to hear of the 'type' of cancers he has been facing. He has faced some of the real bad ones, and I hope he can beat them.
There are so many people in this sport that are amazing, and I am glad that they are trying to help him fulfill a dream. He will be included in my prayers. Is he married with a family?
Thanks again,
Lori

Not married now, has a son that just finished his tour of duty and now lives in Dallas.
Funny you should mention Roy Hills School........ and yes I do remember you being the only lady in the class, Lynn and I were discussing that school as he was in anticipation of Hawleys school. I was sharing some of my memories...... :D

I will say this, he is pretty stoked about getting the opportunity to go to the school.

With me racing a stocker, there is a plan gathering momentum for Lynn and I to run a 2 out of 3 match race in stockers next spring @ the Jegs CajunSportsnationals in Belle Rose. Only problem is he's supposed to be getting the big block and I get the small block..... I think I smell a conspiracy:rolleyes:

Unk

Fellow announcer and body shop owner/customer painter Brian Olson has procured a new Impact helmet for Lynn Nickerson and will deliver to Lynn prior to his trip to Florida complete with custom paintwork from Brian’s well known Olson Paint & Body shop in Peru Indiana.

Lynn and Brian have announced numerous events together and have been friends for many years. After Brian got word of this special opportunity for his good friend he became motivated to help his fellow announcer become a fellow racer. Having raced in numerous categories over the years, Brian knows the need for the correct driver equipment and felt this way he could do his part to help out Lynn's personal safety needs for attending Frank Hawley's Drag Racing School.

As soon as Brian gets the helmet finished we'll get a photograph posted. Knowing Brian and his artistic talents, in conjunction with his longtime friendship, this should turn out to be a pretty special paint job.

Unk

Not married now, has a son that just finished his tour of duty and now lives in Dallas.
Funny you should mention Roy Hills School........ and yes I do remember you being the only lady in the class, Lynn and I were discussing that school as he was in anticipation of Hawleys school. I was sharing some of my memories...... :D

I will say this, he is pretty stoked about getting the opportunity to go to the school.

With me racing a stocker, there is a plan gathering momentum for Lynn and I to run a 2 out of 3 match race in stockers next spring @ the Jegs CajunSportsnationals in Belle Rose. Only problem is he's supposed to be getting the big block and I get the small block..... I think I smell a conspiracy:rolleyes:

Unk

so that means you get the handicap :D :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back