Line Extends No. 1 Streak to Four with Pole at Texas Motorplex (1 Viewer)

Jason Line added another entry to his racing resume on Saturday, capturing the No. 1 starting position for Sunday’s final eliminations of the AAA Texas NHRA Fall Nationals in Dallas, Texas. With the temperatures at the Texas Motorplex approaching 90 for the final two qualifying sessions, there were no changes among the top twelve qualifiers, with Line’s 6.553-second, 210.60 mph run more than enough to earn the 2006 Pro Stock champion the 23rd No. 1 qualifying position of his career, sixth of 2011, and fourth in the last four races.

“When we first got to the track today, I felt there might be a chance someone could go quicker than our 6.55, but it turned out that wasn’t the case,” said Line. “I’m pretty excited to win my fourth consecutive pole and first here at the Texas Motorplex, but we still have a lot of work to do. As we saw today, the temperatures got significantly warmer, so we decided to test a few things, and although we didn’t see the results we were looking for, we still learned a few things that we could use for tomorrow. We’ll go back to what we know and we should be just fine.

“As anyone in the Countdown will tell you, tomorrow is an important day, and a race you really want to win. To win the championship you have to win races, and even though I’ve come close at the last two races, I need to finish the deal, and there is no better time or place to do it than right here tomorrow. Being the No. 1 qualifier is cool, but winning races is what gets you the championship, and one way or the other I need to make it happen.”

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back