DeJoria Returns to Texas Motorplex on A Mission (1 Viewer)

DC small.jpg

DeJoria Returns to Texas Motorplex on A Mission
DALLAS (October 7, 2021) --- The upcoming Stampede of Speed event, in advance of the Texas NHRA Fall Nationals, October 7-10, at the Texas Motorplex is on pace to be one of the biggest races of recent memory, but for Alexis DeJoria and the Bandero Tequila ROKiT Toyota Camry team it is simply another opportunity to show their capabilities on the biggest stage in drag racing. All season the team has been on the cusp of breaking through but with four races remaining in the 2021 Countdown DeJoria knows getting a win at the track where her career starting in 2011 would hold a special meaning.
“I made my professional debut in Dallas at the Texas Motorplex over ten years ago,” said DeJoria. “We have won a few races since then but this season we want to add to that total. We have been so close I would be lying if I said we all weren’t frustrated, but we have to put that away and just focus on qualifying well and then getting win lights on Sunday.”
The veteran driver built an incredibly competitive and strong team led by crew chiefs Del Worsham and Nicky Bonifante. They consistently qualify in the top half of the field and this year alone have over half a dozen top three qualifiers under their belts. They have also experienced race day success reaching the final round at the Mile-High Nationals as well as five semifinals. They qualified for the Countdown as a Top Ten team and the Fall Nationals could prove to be a pivotal race for their championship aspirations.

DeJoria 11.jpg

Alexis DeJoria, Bandero Premium Tequila ROKiT Toyota Camry Funny Car
“I know we have a team and Toyota Camry Funny Car capable of winning races,” said DeJoria. “I know once we get that first win of the season there will be more right behind it. There are four races left in the Countdown”
The Texas NHRA Fall Nationals would be a great place for the Bandero Tequila ROKiT Camry Funny Car team to get hot. Since 2014 they have advanced out of the first round every time they have pulled to the starting line. Over that span they have started as No. 2 and No. 5 qualifiers and have three wins in the first round out of the No. 9 spot. Ironically, two of DeJoria’s quarterfinals losses during that stretch came at the hands of her current crew chief Del Worsham.
“Del is a huge asset to this team both as the crew chief but also someone who I can get support and knowledge from on the driving side,” said DeJoria.
For the last several years DeJoria has called Texas home, living in Austin, but the driver will never give up Southern California roots.
“I love living in Texas,” said DeJoria. “I know Billy Meyer and his family have been doing some great things to make this race a huge event. I am looking forward to getting to the Texas Motorplex, making four qualifying runs and hopefully getting four win lights on Sunday.”

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back