DEJORIA RUNS TO SECOND CONSECUTIVE NO. 1 of SEASON (1 Viewer)

DC small.jpg

DEJORIA RUNS TO SECOND CONSECUTIVE NO. 1 of SEASON
LAS VEGAS (October 30, 2021) --- For the second consecutive NHRA national event Alexis DeJoria drove her Bandero Premium Tequila ROKiT Toyota Camry Funny Car to the No. 1 qualifier position. On Friday night at the NHRA Las Vegas Nationals DeJoria blasted to the No. 1 spot with a stellar 3.896 second pass at 327.03 mph. It was the sixth career No. 1 for DeJoria and two weeks ago in Bristol DeJoria won the event from the pole for her first win of the 2021 season.
“This is like a dream,” said DeJoria. “This is everything that we had hoped for, and it is finally coming together. Our success in Bristol really catapulted us into this Las Vegas race. I am just proud of these guys. We made it down the track every run and consistency is the key.”

DeJoria 15.jpg

No. 1 qualifier Alexis DeJoria, Bandero Premium Tequila ROKiT Toyota Camry Funny Car

DeJoria backed up her Friday night effort with two solid runs on Saturday. In the first run of the day today she tripped the lights with a 3.965 second pass at 323.12 mph. In the final session running beside Toyota teammate J.R. Todd she once again showed she has a consistent and quick race car with a 3.912 second, 327.98 mph pass.
“I just can’t thank Del (Worsham) and Nicky (Boninfante) and this whole Bandero ROKiT Toyota team enough,” said DeJoria. “This is like the dream team. It just feels right. I am just really happy that I came back to NHRA drag racing. This is where I belong.”
DeJoria will face No. 16 qualifier Jeff Diehl in the first round. Final eliminations will begin tomorrow at 11:00 a.m. PT with Top Fuel followed by Funny Car.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back