Leah Wins FSS (1 Viewer)

HEMI, super charger, winner, Hmmm........sounds familiar.

I remember at this year's Gatornationals my dad was talking to a fellow fan who said, "I love the Challenger drag paks but they have a ways to go, they need another season or two before they catch up to the other cars." Funny, the top 2 cars at this year's Indy were Mopars.

Geoff Turk who runs the Blackbird Challenger stated the HEMI has a distinct advantage because of the design, it loves boost and has dual plugs.......................
I see an NHRA rule change coming.................

Geoff Turk who runs the Blackbird Challenger stated the HEMI has a distinct advantage because of the design, it loves boost and has dual plugs.......................
I see an NHRA rule change coming.................

Why a rules change? How about like back in the days of the "FX" classes the other manufactures / factory just comes out with new / better parts.

Stan

Why a rules change? How about like back in the days of the "FX" classes the other manufactures / factory just comes out with new / better parts.

Stan

I hope you are right but the "fat" Challenger is already quite a bit heavier which to me says they are making a lot more power. Now imagine a Challenger weighed the same as a Camaro, possible ??, think about how much faster than the rest of the field they would be 2-3/10th's??

Stan

I agree with you, but one need only remember PS began that way in 1970, and what happened after the HEMIs dominated in 1970 and 1971. "If you can't beat them, penalize them."
As much as I liked seeing an all-Mopar FSS finale at Indy, I can't help but think that was the worst thing that could have happened at the Chevrolet U.S. Nationals.

I hope you are right but the "fat" Challenger is already quite a bit heavier which to me says they are making a lot more power. Now imagine a Challenger weighed the same as a Camaro, possible ??, think about how much faster than the rest of the field they would be 2-3/10th's??

The "Fat" Challenger does not weigh more. Minimum weight is 3550 lbs. for everybody. The lone exception to that is the 2008 Ford 5.4 liter with the smaller blower, it is 3350 lbs. To my knowledge Don Fezell is the only one running that, and he has a new car being built with the more modern engine combination.

Alan

Does anyone know what the Coefficient of Drag and the Frontal Area is for the 3 body styles?

Stan

The "Fat" Challenger does not weigh more. Minimum weight is 3550 lbs. for everybody. The lone exception to that is the 2008 Ford 5.4 liter with the smaller blower, it is 3350 lbs. To my knowledge Don Fezell is the only one running that, and he has a new car being built with the more modern engine combination.

Alan

Minimun, can the Challenger make "minimum" ??

I agree with you, but one need only remember PS began that way in 1970, and what happened after the HEMIs dominated in 1970 and 1971. "If you can't beat them, penalize them."
As much as I liked seeing an all-Mopar FSS finale at Indy, I can't help but think that was the worst thing that could have happened at the Chevrolet U.S. Nationals.

this is what I wanted to say but the general response usually is

it was 40 years ago get over it.

Those who were glad, and/or benefited from seeing MOPARs penalized are the ones who say to get over it.

As one that has told you that, let the record reflect that I LOVE watching the rise of this class, including MOPAR's domination at Indy. The class is BAD ASS and would give my left n*t for an opportunity to drive one of those cars, regardless of make.

Sean D

Alan

Well..... that used to be correct.... but now the Challengers have to weigh 3600lbs.

http://nhraracer.com/content/general.asp?articleid=71155&zoneid=175

In the revision, they bumped the Dodges up by 25 lbs. and cut the Fords and Chevys by 25 lbs.
The Dodges are still essentially stuck with the same 50 lb penalty as before.

Keep the weight the same for all. Let the hard work and manafactures slug it out, I bleed ford blue but would not want them to win because NHRA slows anyone done

Keep the weight the same for all. Let the hard work and manafactures slug it out, I bleed ford blue but would not want them to win because NHRA slows anyone done

Too bad the GM contingent doesn’t feel that same way.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back