Latest Comp Plus Rumor (1 Viewer)

J. S.

Nitro Member

These are always fun to speculate. My guess is the tuner would be Rahn Tobler. But which Funny Car? Which driver with "ties to multiple drag racing legends" could it be? Especially one that presumably is already out there on the tour but needs some help? Rahn was helping the Bays and Rupert team at Pomona turn their best-ever numbers in front of a very appreciative crowd on Saturday, but that may have been a one-off with a team that just runs a few west coast races.

Last edited:
Tobler is also my guess. Do you think Connie would bring in Rahn as another set of eyes for JR Todd's team? The are 11th in points currently.

I agree with Tobler as the tuner. It says the driver has ties to multiple legends. The only one I can think of with that criteria is Capps who drove for legends Prudhomme and Don Schumacher, and tuned by legends Roland Leong and McCulloch.

But I don't see where either Todd or Capps need any tuning help. Both cars have done well so far this season. Sure, Todd's car has had some bad luck the last few races, but that's just bad luck. Not any major deal where the Crew Chief has lost his way and the car isn't performing.

Hmmm... I was thinking Tobler and Cruz... his dad certainly could be one of the legends, Force could qualify as another... 😉

Paul Lee could sure use some help. Assuming he hasn’t given up.

I don’t think Rahn has had ties to Kalitta cars since the falling out over Shirley.

Paul Lee could sure use some help. Assuming he hasn’t given up.

I don’t think Rahn has had ties to Kalitta cars since the falling out over Shirley.
Who knows what paul lee is doing... kinda just disappears lol. I thought rahn tune doug kalitta before??

Austin Coil back with Force.

Coil is not "recently retired". And Coil really doesn't have ties to "multiple drag racing legends". Just one BIG legend. Also, Coil has been out of it for way too long in "drag racing years". Things change pretty fast in the pits and if you don't keep up - unless you keep tabs on things while on the sidelines - it's hard to get caught up with the latest things quickly.

The rumor seems to point to Tobler and Capps, but again Capps is having a real good year so far, so I can't see the need for him to bring in Tobler even as a part-time consultant.

Last edited:
Coil is not "recently retired". And Coil really doesn't have ties to "multiple drag racing legends". Just one BIG legend. Also, Coil has been out of it for way too long in "drag racing years". Things change pretty fast in the pits and if you don't keep up - unless you keep tabs on things while on the sidelines - it's hard to get caught up with the latest things quickly.

The rumor seems to point to Tobler and Capps, but again Capps is having a real good year so far, so I can't see the need for him to bring in Tobler even as a part-time consultant.
What does that make Pat Minick and Frank Hawley, no buddies?

The rumor seems to point to Tobler and Capps, but again Capps is having a real good year so far, so I can't see the need of for him to bring in Tobler even as a part-time consultant.
You are right about Coil being out of it for a long time, but no matter how long if anybody in drag racing NOW or before can make that car go straight I would put my money on Coil even if this is not about him. Never mind the rest of the Tune Up. You can get there quicker in 1000 feet than you can in 1200 feet on a “Site Seeing Tour”.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back