Las vegas testing (1 Viewer)

The blast off is this weekend, the PSCA is next weekend according to the schedule:

It's all right there on the website: LVMS | Schedules | Strip Schedule

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strip Schedule
Printer Friendly Schedule

Date(s) Add Event
01/17/09 -
01/18/09 Blast-Off Open Test Session
INEX Bandolero and Legends Cars drags

01/23/09 Midnight Mayhem Presented By MetroPCS

01/24/09 -
01/25/09 PSCA Winter Warm-Up Test Session and Bracket Race
Jan. 24-25
$1,500 to win Super Pro and Pro

01/29/09 National Open Sportsman and Pro Stock Test 'n' Tune

01/30/09 Pacific Division National Open and Pro Stock Qualifying

01/31/09 Pacific Division National Open and Pro Stock Eliminations

I know that but, I have not heard of any teams going there, like I said we will see, I'll be there!! I don't think it will be like years past. By the way, look me up. Bob

I've never cared for that approach, but I guess they have their reasons.

It has been the dirty little secret of Vegas testing too ... on weekends when it is open to the public, we get to pay to watch the squirts, then on Mondays and Tuesdays when the track is closed to the public, they fire off the full pulls with a greater regularity ...

When I went to the testing session last year at G-Ville, fellow mater Lynn said that the years before there was very few people there. When I went, there was a surprising amount of spectators and she said that the powers that be may close the sessions to the public.

Hope not, it's a nice and casual atmosphere on testing day.

Its going to be an awesome weekend in Sin City at the Strip. 62 to 65 degrees and not much wind. Maybe teams should rethink there testing decision. Chris Blair's track crew is the best in the country, and the Strip will be ready.

Tim Marshall and James Drew

Through a lucky twist of fate I'm going to be in Vegas this weekend. I've got to go to Anaheim tomorrow through Saturday morning for a trade show with my boss, his wife, and a co-worker. They're all Vegas junkies like me so we're stopping over in Sin City til Monday morning. Seeya at the track!

If anybody comes across any pictures from Florida or Vegas testing, let us know!

I am planning on attending on Saturday with camera in tow ... I am not very optimistic about seeing anything overly interesting though ... called the LVMS ticket office today, all they could tell me tickets were $19 ... they could not name 1 team that would be in attendance .... they just gave me the spiel about Top Fuel, Funny Car, Pro Stock and Pro Mod with all sportsmen categories. When I asked which teams in which categories ... all I got was silence ... nothing on their website about teams either ...

Last edited:
For all of you Jones'en for a fuel fix: We will also be in Palm Beach Jan 16-20 for the fuel (3-day) and Pro Stock (2-day) test sessions and again in Phoenix Jan 23-26 for the National Time Trials.

Looks like economy wins over the west coast round of testing. With NO professional cars entered at Las Vegas this weekend, I will not be doing any reporting there this weekend. We will definitely be there later in January!!

In the mean time, please try this for your Nitro fix this weekend [Palm Beach]:

Sportsman | Drag Race Central presented by Summitracing.com

Last edited:
I was at the test session today, one word describes it PITIFUL!!! Duane Shields car at 94% ran not even 5.50 at 250. No more Valvoline for the Paynes. Saw Roland and Kenny Youngblood... I left early, hope tomorow is better.

I didn't even bother to go out. I wouldn't mind seeing a N/FC or two ... but I am NOT paying $19 for the privilege ... I didn't even pay that to get into the Good Guys Nostalgia Nationals!!!!

We drove out to the Las Vegas strip this morning, Did not bother going in. If there were fuel cars there I din't see them
Lana Sosenka

My wife and I drove out Saturday morning. Looked like about 5 Nos. FC's, a couple alky floppers, and Duane Shields and about 20 bracket cars. We didnt even bother going in.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back