Courtney Force Las Vegas Test Going Well (1 Viewer)

I thought Courtney did a great job in the car, and I have watched many try to learn and licence. I just wish she hadn't let that other guy drive it and mess the track up! LOL

Alan

Good to hear! She certainly has the ability to drive and I can't wait to see her on the tour full time.

I'd like to see Courtney and Alexis do a match Race in their FC's, I don't think the Testing rules affect them because they're not in competition.

Good to hear! She certainly has the ability to drive and I can't wait to see her on the tour full time.

I believe Papa John will save her until the very end of the season, for 2 reasons
1) by not entering her on the tour she could match race all she wants, and he can use her as a blocker during the count down.

2) by limiting her national events this year, she would retain her eligibility for rookie of the year for the 2012 season.

PS Alan what is the maximum number of races she can enter this year yet still remain eligible for ROTY next season?? I've been told it's 4 – but I figure you may know for certain.

Was she using a restrictor plate in the test? I read somewhere the NHRA was going to mandate this so the team couldn't gather data to use for the other team cars.

WTF? :mad: You know what, no comment because any will make me look like a JFR fanboy. :rolleyes:

There's no WTF, as I understand the rule is in place to let the team test a new driver as many times as they want without using up one of their 4 test days. I am just wondering if the plate was on?

Thanks for the video. John looked like a nervous wreck out there, can't really blame him though.

There's no WTF, as I understand the rule is in place to let the team test a new driver as many times as they want without using up one of their 4 test days. I am just wondering if the plate was on?

Well if that's what it's for then fine, just sucks that a side effect is that it prevents them from using the data.

Yes, you can run 4 races and still be considered a "Rookie" the next year.

The restrictor plate allows for driver training without being counted as a test. Because John's team (Ashley's former team) was running the car, if they run unristricted, they would be charged a test day.

That's why the rule clearly states that it applies to the team, and not just the driver.

If you allow a team to run the regular setup then if I was DSR (just for example) I would put TJ jr. in for "Driver Training" anytime I wanted to test, without burning a day.

Alan

The restrictor plate allows for driver training without being counted as a test. Because John's team (Ashley's former team) was running the car, if they run unristricted, they would be charged a test day.

That's why the rule clearly states that it applies to the team, and not just the driver.

If you allow a team to run the regular setup then if I was DSR (just for example) I would put TJ jr. in for "Driver Training" anytime I wanted to test, without burning a day.

Alan

You spelled that wrong, it should read put PJ in for "Driver Training" just sayin:D:)

Alan

I see, I wonder if that will help if teams want to make more runs and get around the "Test days" rule and do match racing if capable to (Like my aforementioned Alexis/Courtney Match Race pitch)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back