Las vegas testing (1 Viewer)

For all of you Jones'en for a fuel fix: We will also be in Palm Beach Jan 16-20 for the fuel (3-day) and Pro Stock (2-day) test sessions and again in Phoenix Jan 23-26 for the National Time Trials.

For all of you Jones'en for a fuel fix: We will also be in Palm Beach Jan 16-20 for the fuel (3-day) and Pro Stock (2-day) test sessions and again in Phoenix Jan 23-26 for the National Time Trials.

I like the "Jones'en" quip. Growing up in the 60s, I can relate to that. :)

Historically speaking, the first test session in Vegas (this year it is the 16-19 ... next weekend) has been sparsely attended. Usually no pro stockers, and only a few fuelers and alkyhol cars. Also, mostly 330ft squirts. I have not seen a posted list anywhere of teams scheduled to attend.

I will likely only attend 1 day since tickets are $19 for not much action.

It's really a shame, that first one used to be pretty good. We were down there for Hights rookie year, and Force unloaded a 4.80 @ 320 Friday morning first shot. They were running 70's like they were giving them away. Hight went 330+ also. All the Force and All DSR FCs were there, as well as many others.
Then last year, NHRA pulled their "sanction" or whatever from it, and it went downhill.

You are correct, the one at PBIR is not open to the public.

It has been the dirty little secret of Vegas testing too ... on weekends when it is open to the public, we get to pay to watch the squirts, then on Mondays and Tuesdays when the track is closed to the public, they fire off the full pulls with a greater regularity ...

There is no nitro blast off here in Las Vegas. That weekend has been given to the PSCA (Pacific Street Car Assoc.) There may be some teams testing but most are going to Firebird. I race here and that's what I was told. BUT AS WE KNOW THINGS CAN CHANGE!! So who knows? Bob

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back