Larry Morgan getting screwed..........Again! (1 Viewer)

smokey

Nitro Member
I cannot believe that Larry Morgan is getting screwed overAGAIN by a sponsor! The guy is one of the most loyal pro stock driver's nhra has,and he showed last year what he is still capable of doing with some help.The guy goes to 3 finals and wins friggin 2 of them,then has the rug pulled out from under him one godamn week before the season opener!!!!.Why? So fireaide can go and throw money at leah Pritchett who ain't won squat and probably never will.Why does Larry get shit on all the time,i just don't get it.I am praying that a quality sponsor see's this and gives him the support he needs.Lord knows he has given nhra all he has for many many years,and does not deserve to be treated this way.Best of luck Larry,your #1 Canadian fan,smokey!

I had a bad feeling as soon as I saw that BVR got the Fire-ade deal I knew Larry Morgan was going to be screwed. :( I am hoping for the best, he's one of my favorite's too.

BTW, I wouldn't recommend taking this out on Leah. Unless she courted them to come over which I doubt, Fire-Ade probably made the internal decision to go top fuel racing with a driver they know is popular. Sucks, but that's business.

With the exception of this being at the 11th hour, this shouldn't surprise anybody. Exposure numbers simply aren't there for Pro Stock (which hopefully changes with Fox), so it's not surprising to see them take their money to Fuel.

Sean D

I posted on another thread wondering what would happen to Larry's deal after FireAde signed with Leah. I guess we know now. Is he still running Pomona ?

It must be tough when you are a sponsor and attend a race, only to see the fans leave the stands when the class your involved in comes up to run.

so it's two weeks before 1st race and sponsor pulls plug......hate when the press release is only a fraction of the whole story,
which the rest of us will never know or hear about.

in another recent thread someone asked about B2B sponsorships.....let me suggest that a B2B sponsorship can and most likely does
happen like this from time to time.

racer approaches sponsor: "hey, i own x, y & z companies and they all sure could use your product or service"
sponsor: "ok, i would love to meet with you and discuss business"
racer: "you sponsor that other team, would you consider coming on board with my team"
sponsor: "if it means my product/service in your businesses you're darn rite i'm interested"
racer: "i think we can work something out"

not suggesting at all that this is what happened in this instance; just that it's a dog eat dog world out there and money talks.

It's business - no more, no less. As Mike alludes to above, us casual fans will likely never know the whole story. But Force, Schumacher and multi-car teams in general - of which Leah is now a member of - can sell more track time by offering a primary sponsorship along with associate sponsorship on the rest of the team cars. Couple that with honorable mention every time one of the team car drivers is interviewed and its a win-win for the sponsor. And finally, add to that the fact that like it or not, the stands don't really begin to fill up on Friday & Saturday until near the end of the Pro Stock qualifying session and they begin to empty once the last fuel cars thunder down the track on Sunday.

It's a little more complicated than that, of course, but generally speaking that's what the sponsor sees when analyzing potential deals - it's certainly what I would be looking at.

I feel bad for Larry because he's a great spokesperson and an easy guy to root for, but I feel confident it was a business decision, not a personal one.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back