Langdon goes 3.71 @ 334 (1 Viewer)

Not really. They have an extra 320 feet to stop. Remember that was the whole point of this sport changing revolution? Make the track shorter and the shutdown longer.

Tires, folks... Its all about the tires- and the company that makes them and their established limits of responsibility. Hoosier already prevents their tire from being on A/FD cars, and Goodyear has already topped out their tires at 340. Look for changes to come down if P2 conditions come close to those from the Grove- the tuneups are in the log books, so replicating them and surpassing them isn't out of the question.

4 years and cylinder head/air flow refinement/increased fuel volume and
we're rite back where we were, but with an extra 320' to stop.
if there's not a weak link in play already i think the current system is safe;
if there is a weak link that no one is talking about then someone will be hurt.

4 years and cylinder head/air flow refinement/increased fuel volume and
we're rite back where we were, but with an extra 320' to stop.
if there's not a weak link in play already i think the current system is safe;
if there is a weak link that no one is talking about then someone will be hurt.

See post above, Mike

See post above, Mike

i know, you're rite martin, for sure the tire is a concern, i'm wondering if
other parts aren't also suspect?
when these motors let go in the lights the explosions are huge; the amount
of fuel and air under pressure in those combustion chambers has got to
be staggering to produce today's et's and mph's in 1000'.
it is a testament to the folks who build and tune these machines how few
oildowns or worse incidents there are, and the advancements in safety that
are ongoing.
i've stated previously IMO the days of breaking records are over; well i guess
they're not over yet and i have to admit watching a race like reading is incredible,
whether the records are being broken at 1000' or the former 1/4

The reason I go to this race is because I know there's a real good chance for record runs and I wasn't disappointed this weekend. Well worth the trip and I can't wait to go back next year.

The Mello Yello 2013 has the race the first weekend in Oct. again (3-6).
So we could just get the same conditions.......Think i'll put it on my "to-do" list.

The Mello Yello 2013 has the race the first weekend in Oct. again (3-6).
So we could just get the same conditions.......Think i'll put it on my "to-do" list.

That time of the year the angle of the sun is so low that even if it is in the 80's like it was on Friday at the track the track temp doesn't get out of control hot and once the sun starts going down the track tightens up quick. Friday night saw awesome runs and the 1st session was really good also considering the air/track temp. The only year I can remember recently where the weekend wasn't impacted by rain was in 2010 and that race was in October. It is a great show and I recommend everyone to go to this race (as long as you don't mind a chance of rain:D)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back