LA Times won the media battle (1 Viewer)

rocketman

Nitro Member
Driving back to the hotel there was a local newscast and Jimmy Johnson was mentioned for winning a race clear across the country in Florida and there nothing about the world champs being crowned at a race in their own backyard. I thought why isn't there any news on the NHRA winners? Of course the LA Fires dominated most of the air time across the southern Cal but this is wrong.

Well, my spirits were lifted when I saw a cool shot of Pederagon with the laundry out on page 1 of the sports section of the LA Times, and a pretty good story too, with an additional shot of Dixon on the inside page.

At least the LA Times got it right.

Someone had left a copy of the sports section from the San Diego Union(?) on the plane I took from out west to Chicago and they had a pretty nice write-up on the Auto Club Finals. Of course Jimmy Johnson was on the front-page, he's from the San Diego area. But, at least the NHRA got some good press.

The LA Times does a pretty good job for the NHRA. Shav Glick was the man when it came to NHRA in the media in the L.A. area.

I read Monday's USA Today on the cross country flight yesterday, Advanced Auto Parts had a full page ad in the sports section for Cruz (before Jimmie's full page Lowe's ad!!!) and there was a nice 4 or 5 paragraph blurb and pic of Cruz right below Jimmie's 4 or 5 paragraph blurb near the back of the section. Of course, JJ got a blurb and pic on the front page of the sports section though. Most of the rest was Sunday NFL recap stuff.

You can Link up to the SAN BERARDINO SUN nov.17 on NHRA in the News on their site...

....WICKED Photo Gallery at bottom! 41 pics etc

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back