Kurt Busch In Gainesville? (1 Viewer)

having a NASCAR start wanting to compete in NHRA competition and then doing so is hella good exposure....could bring some crossover fans in

Not yet entered in Super Gas-that will be a tough class for him without electronics.

BTW, there is an ad for Drag Racing Action on the page of the Busch story-that's a great mag with a sportsman racer who edits it-please support this magazine by subscribing-it's relatively cheap-less than 20 bucks for six issues-and is really good.

Disclaimer: I have no financial interest in this magazine, other than knowing the editor,

Cool... i hope it makes it to the event... He's actualy a pretty cool guy to talk to if you ever get a chance....

Billy

I think it will be great for the sport.

On the other hand, this has to go under the heading of "What is he thinking???". A turbocharged, foot braked super gas car is a first round duck unless someone redlights against him. There isn't a foot brake car that can hit a 4 tenths tree, and a turbocharged engine is anything but consistent.

Thanks Dave!!!

I'm a little concerned over how Busch would get an entry without any grade points. That always seems to be a "gray" area.

Maybe one day, we'll see the bigger picture ...

More mainstream media attention the sport stands to gain ... publicity it could use as NASCAR loses market share hand over fist ...

More publicity than Super Gas has seen in a long time ...

Argue over the grade points and he could just go over to NMCA, and stand a better chance of winning ...

If he's going to race, I'd love to see him at both NHRA and NMCA ...

Let's face it, Kurt Busch is not your average Div. 2 racer, he brings a lot of mainstream media clout ... clout drag racing can use ...

Can you imagine drag racing getting media attention -- and not because two men are catfighting in the shutdown?

Geez Bobby, I don't understand..........

Bringing somebody with world wide name recognition into a sportsman class at a national event will draw extra media attention and maybe more un-traditional spectators to the event?

How many more spectators would stay in the stands for SG if more like Kurt were participating?

And the fact he has the audacity to run a car without electronics and with turbos no less, might grab some more attention because it is non-traditional? God forbid if someone stood out from the crowd.

Do you think I could find a high dollar sponsor and get a lot of media exposure if I fielded a car with Kid Rock or Shania Twain as the driver or co-owner? Do you think other racers would complain about our grade points prior to entering an event? How long do you think the lines would be for autographs? Do you think their popularity would be based solely on their winning every event?

Just dreaming I guess. We should stick by tradition and be happy with the portion of the 30,000 spectators at an event that watch us run and the pros TV audience of around half a million per event. Why reach out to include individuals that regularly perform in front of 100,000 plus spectators and are included in TV programs that draw an audience of 5 - 15 million per event.

Bobby, I am still confused....

Maybe one day, we'll see the bigger picture ...

More mainstream media attention the sport stands to gain ... publicity it could use as NASCAR loses market share hand over fist ...

More publicity than Super Gas has seen in a long time ...

Argue over the grade points and he could just go over to NMCA, and stand a better chance of winning ...

If he's going to race, I'd love to see him at both NHRA and NMCA ...

Let's face it, Kurt Busch is not your average Div. 2 racer, he brings a lot of mainstream media clout ... clout drag racing can use ...

Can you imagine drag racing getting media attention -- and not because two men are catfighting in the shutdown?

What he said

Camera crew will need to get to the track extra early that day since the 1st round of Super Gas will likely be run at 8 am on Friday.

The phrase, "Alert the media" comes to mind.

Just curious...how many champ car fans came over to drag racing when John Andretti was in a top fuel car? And once he left, how many stayed?

I guess if you are "somebody" grading points don't matter. I can see both sides of the issue---probably some free exposure for NHRA with a "celebrity" driver competing. I can also see a super gas racer sitting home and being pissed because he couldnt get in---and the celebrity did without ever having competed at a division race. Just the way it goes I guess.:confused:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back