Koretsky, Nitro Fish Gear to sponsor LE Tonglet’s bid for 2013 PSB title (1 Viewer)

Kenny Koretsky hopes lightning will strike twice for the 2010 NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle world champion LE Tonglet when he is reunited with Koretsky’s Nitro Fish Gear for NHRA’s 2013 Mello Yello season.

“I am happy to be working with the Tonglets again,” said Koretsky after revealing that Nitro Fish will sponsor the Tonglet Racing team’s effort to reach the coveted goal.
This is a major sponsorship. We all want to win another championship.”

The outcome will officially be decided after 15 races over the next ninth months.
There is little doubt however that the determined Tonglet will be among the two-wheel contenders when the season starts Friday at Gainesville, Fla.

Koretsky also said his company will be an associate sponsor for the motorcycles of Matt and Angie Smith. “I have worked with Matt and Angie before and am pleased to be able associated with them again.”

It was Koretsky’s financial investment for the last six 2010 races that invigorated Tonglet’s determined championship bid. LE won four of the six Countdown to the Championship events to outrun the other title hopefuls. He clinched it with a second-round victory in the last race.

“We are very excited to have Kenny Koretsky back with us,” commented Tonglet, who will be riding the Tonglet Racing/Nitro Fish Suzuki. “It gives us confidence going into the first race of the season. We weren’t certain what we were going to do until he stepped in.”

However, there is more uncertainty. It focuses on NHRA’s new PSB engine rules that also debut at Gainesville.

“The Harley-Davidson engines now have two valves per cylinder and 10 pounds of weight have been added to the motorcycles with Buell engines,” Tonglet pointed out. “There were no new rules for the Suzuki motors.

“It should be an interesting weekend for us. We want to see how things turn out.”

“I think the changes are going in the right direction,” said Gary Tonglet, the team owner and father of LE and his brother Gary (GT). “We have been busy getting ready for Gainesville . . . now that we know we are going.”

The 44th annual Amalie Oil NHRA Gatornationals begins its three-day run Friday, March 15 at Auto-Plus Raceway at Gainesville, Fla.

More...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back