Knoll and Lucas team up (1 Viewer)

Hello! Where have you people been? Get with the program and pay attention already. I posted this news about Lucas and Evan Knoll about a month ago. :rolleyes:

Agreed... What have you done for me lately is all people see (Me too sometimes). Though we might not make all of the same decisions as Don, do we all know the details that go into making these deals?

Give him a break. He is employing more than a hundred people in the sport we love.

It is a double edged sword at times. Making all the moves necessary to keep sponsors happy will often have adverse effects on many people.......yet, the fact that he is able to keep the sponsors happy allows him to provide major/supplemental (associate) sponsorship to keep a lot of racers afloat:confused:

Hmmm, if this is true and Mr. Knoll moves this Top Fuel team out of DSR, what would keep him from moving the Funny Car Team of Mike Ashley? Theres no reason he couldn't keep the Charger body, cause KB will be running it next year on his Monster Funny Car. Then it could get real interesting, with Lucas also having the Big Jim Dunn Funny Car team, put them and the Mike Ashley Team, as team mates and then would Tony Bartone also end up with Charger body on the Funny Car he drives? Hey stranger things have happened?

Hmmm, if this is true and Mr. Knoll moves this Top Fuel team out of DSR, what would keep him from moving the Funny Car Team of Mike Ashley? Theres no reason he couldn't keep the Charger body, cause KB will be running it next year on his Monster Funny Car. Then it could get real interesting, with Lucas also having the Big Jim Dunn Funny Car team, put them and the Mike Ashley Team, as team mates and then would Tony Bartone also end up with Charger body on the Funny Car he drives? Hey stranger things have happened?
I honestly don't mean any disrespect. But am I the only person who's not a big fan of Mike Ashley? Maybe someone can enlighten me on what's so great about him.

I honestly don't mean any disrespect. But am I the only person who's not a big fan of Mike Ashley? Maybe someone can enlighten me on what's so great about him.

You've obviously never met him.

You'll rarely meet anyone who's more of a cup's-always-at-least-half-full-no-matter-what kinda guy than Mike. He's busted his butt coming up through the ranks in drag racing and has managed to find a away to be successful at every level (that I know of anyway). He and his team manager Angelo are occasional contributors here and, on the occasions that I've had any interaction with either of them, have proven out to be genuinely good folks.

Mike is a stand up guy! He and Angelo helped us out a TON by donating a lot of gear for a deal we put on last year to help some guys out. He brings a lot to the table and is more than willing to share what he has with a lot of people. He brings much more than money to the table.

I got to spend a bit of time with Mike when he signed my Milestone car. The thing that impressed me most about him was his obvious devotion to his son.
The man can drive anything and is a huge asset to his sponsor.
I am impressed - Jim

Mike Ashley is responsible for Lend America which is a very successful mortgage company. He brings his business expertise with him in managing his racing endeavours. This means knowing how to put the right people in the right places.

Ashley has extended his company's support to NHRA Drag Racing while the lending industry is in a funk. As a Real Estate Appraiser I know of several lenders that have been or are laying people off. While many Mortgage Brokers are cutting back Mike is trying to expand his business by spending more and more money on TV commercials and advertising.

He's doing something right, don't you think?

Randy G.

Good morning,

First off I hate this weather! We need to get some pull with mother nature! Let's hope we can run this race today and Sunday but I don't think it looks to good.

I learned along time ago when you are in the public spotlight you just can't make everyone happy. Morever, everyone is entitled to their opinion and racing is a sport where drivers, teams, fans and sponsors are passionate which is great! I for one am very appreciative for those who have posted their kind words of support for me and the team. That means alot to a driver and team. I also respect those who are not fan's as I said earlier they are entitled to their opinion.

I think our new team is coming together nicely. Considering the timeframe I think Brian and the entire team has done an exceptional job. I'm a builder and this team is a solid foundation to build a championship team. Now, I am not foolish I am well aware of the level of competition and how difficult it is to do that but make no mistake that is our goal for 2007. I don't intend on making any changes to our team for the upcoming season. Evan and I have discussed it and we are on the same page.

In terms of taking care of sponsors, it has always been my policy to give more back in value to a sponsor then they have invested in me. It works well and it's the only way I know...

Thanks again to those of you for posting in support of our team. Our plan is to give you a win this year. :)

Expect to win,

Mike Ashley

we're lucky to have anyone with ability, brains and the desire to win a championship in the funny car ranks. Mike will make the 2007 season more exciting and thats a great thing for our sport.go get em Mike!!!!

Good morning,

First off I hate this weather! We need to get some pull with mother nature! Let's hope we can run this race today and Sunday but I don't think it looks to good.

I learned along time ago when you are in the public spotlight you just can't make everyone happy. Morever, everyone is entitled to their opinion and racing is a sport where drivers, teams, fans and sponsors are passionate which is great! I for one am very appreciative for those who have posted their kind words of support for me and the team. That means alot to a driver and team. I also respect those who are not fan's as I said earlier they are entitled to their opinion.

I think our new team is coming together nicely. Considering the timeframe I think Brian and the entire team has done an exceptional job. I'm a builder and this team is a solid foundation to build a championship team. Now, I am not foolish I am well aware of the level of competition and how difficult it is to do that but make no mistake that is our goal for 2007. I don't intend on making any changes to our team for the upcoming season. Evan and I have discussed it and we are on the same page.

In terms of taking care of sponsors, it has always been my policy to give more back in value to a sponsor then they have invested in me. It works well and it's the only way I know...

Thanks again to those of you for posting in support of our team. Our plan is to give you a win this year. :)

Expect to win,

Mike Ashley
Good enough. Mike, thanks for your honesty and courteous reply. My post wasn't intended to be disrespectful or to take anything away from your accomplishments by any means. I just thought with all the hype about you and your team lately that maybe I was missing something. There are a lot of drivers and teams that I'm not a big fan of, and that simply means I'm indifferent. I don't dislike them or think they "suck." No voo doo dolls I'm sticking pins in or anything like that. LOL! It just means I've failed to see what everyone else thinks is so outstanding. And that's why I asked the other Maters here to enlighten me from their point of view, so as not to be closed minded.
And thanks to everyone else for their input and for not biting my head off for asking the question. :p

Good luck Mike. You have always seemed like a pretty good guy to me and your team is running very well now. Your first win is right around the corner for sure. So good luck the rest of the year. Not to mention I am becoming a huge Evan Knoll person. He seems like an every day average kinda guy. And this is coming from a diehard JFR guy.

At last year's Fall Vegas race, Mike was riding his scooter by our Friday Night mater meeting at the Piranaz's trailer. I yelled out he turned around and got off to meet everybody! He even posed for some pics, how many Pro drivers would do that? Not many!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back