Knoll and Lucas team up (1 Viewer)

When Larry Nance had the small Marines deal I was hoping that was going to grow.

S/F
D

Will Don Schumacher continue to field a 2nd Top Fuel car, or will he give that up with Melanie's departure? If he does continue to field a 2nd rail, who's the new driver?

It's official, silly season is in full swing.

I dought it unless another driver can bring something to the table $$$$$$.
He may try to retain Richard Hogan but would he want to stay would be the question.
Would you want to be a Co-Cre Chief which he would have to be because Don doesn't have enough teams left in his stable to give him his own Chiefs job.
If I was a betting man I would say he will leave to join Mr. Knolls transfered team.
I bet Mike Ashley will be under the same Lucas umbrella.
This is getting good going from owning 11 teams to what number now.
Looks like Don will be stuck owning a back-up car for Tony!

Well - there are certainly more questions than answers about this situation!
Melanie is reportedly the driver of the new Lucas/Torco/Skull (whatever!) dragster. I assume Morgan (who is falling like a rock through TF points) will be the other driver. Is Hogan coming over as Crew Chief, and if so, will information (which Lucas team appears to badly need) be shared?
And the big one . . . where does this leave JR, Steve, Jimmy, Mark and Dexter as the third Knoll sponsored dragster fires up this week? Will Evan drop the driver who everyone agrees is the hottest thing in the sport?
Will "As the Torco Slick Turns" replace "Driving Force"?
Silly Season is in full swing! Evan - are ya' out there? :D

I wonder how Big these other teams have to get before they get trashed on a Daily basis like Team Schumacher does?

hopefully the army will be with them a little longer,
I had a lady bitchin at me about the army car, she wanted to know how many flak jackets does it take to run the car down the strip.
man she was mad, said she was writing her congressman about what a waste of money that was.
so heads up

So how mad was she? I hope's she's mad that they spend money on NASCAR too.

Last edited:
I bet Mike Ashley will be under the same Lucas umbrella.

I would take you up on that bet. Moving the team would not be a good move for Ashley's team. Right now he has a team that can honestly contend for the championship next year. Given the recent performance of Lucas and Bartone, it would be five steps in the wrong direction for that team. Also, they will lose the Charger body.

I wonder how Big these other teams have to get before they get trashed on a Daily basis like Team Schumacher does?

If I comes across as trashing then I apologize because I do respect Don Schumacher it's just that he has made some moves that have lead to his current situation, possibly losing some of the teams that he has, I'm sure he will be fine he is a good businessman. :D
As stated on this thread he will probably get the Championship in T/F and quite possibly F/C so the year won't be that bad.
Like I've stated before only time will tell we will all just have to stay tuned to see how this unfolds.
There are still a lot of people who don't like the big multi-car team concept but I look at it as just the way things are now-a-days.;)

If Big E gets his wishes there might be 3 TF cars displaying his company's brands in NHRA next year...Mel, JR, and Steve-O.

I would take you up on that bet. Moving the team would not be a good move for Ashley's team. Right now he has a team that can honestly contend for the championship next year. Given the recent performance of Lucas and Bartone, it would be five steps in the wrong direction for that team. Also, they will lose the Charger body.

You might be right but Mr. Knoll is just having Don manage that team so it's his money that is paying for that team if he chooses to move it to another camp he will.
As far as Brian C. he maybe under contract with Don since he came over from Whit's team were he was a co-crew chief with Todd.
I don't know how the team was assembled but I'm sure they will go were ever the team ends up because Don won't keep them if he has no sponsor it wouldn't be good business.
As far as Brian goes people change camps all the time if Mr. Knoll wants to retain him I'm sure he could afford him.
Of corse this all depends if it's even going to happen as of right now it's all speculation.
I don't think Don has exclusive rights anymore like in the past since Bernstein is going to run one next year I think John Force is the only one now who has exclusive rights I could be wrong.

Last edited:

And how many drivers has Don possibly kept in the sport, that may not have had a ride? Yeah, I never trash DSR...I like what he has done for the sport. So crucify me for apparently being in the minority.

As far as the original subject goes, unless they have some serious braintrust, I have to seriously wonder how competitive Knoll/Lucas would be.

And how many drivers has Don possibly kept in the sport, that may not have had a ride? Yeah, I never trash DSR...I like what he has done for the sport. So crucify me for apparently being in the minority.

As far as the original subject goes, unless they have some serious braintrust, I have to seriously wonder how competitive Knoll/Lucas would be.

Agreed... What have you done for me lately is all people see (Me too sometimes). Though we might not make all of the same decisions as Don, do we all know the details that go into making these deals?

Give him a break. He is employing more than a hundred people in the sport we love.

I just wish Lucas was still running for Joe Amato, he'd be doing a hell of a lot better than what he is now. Guess some people just want to be on their own and call the shots.
I miss seeing Joe @ the track, nicest racer I have ever met, hands down!! Although Whit Bazemore comes in 2nd, if only the bashers of Whit ACTUALLY knew what a genuine person he is, they would understand.

I actually met Joe Amato at G-ville earlier this year. My dad and I were standing at the Lucas Oil merch trailer when there was this guy in front of us talking to the clerk. I recognized him as Joe Amato, my dad asked him to sign our banner and he was cool with it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back