kj's fast, very fast! (1 Viewer)

I, for one, would like to see he or his dad win every race for the next 30 years. I promise, I'd never get tired of seeing personal hard work, personal experience and personal knowledge so rewarded.

what i find amazing is Connelly not racing. The best driver with arguably the fastest ride, sitting on the sidelines !!

I, for one, would like to see he or his dad win every race for the next 30 years. I promise, I'd never get tired of seeing personal hard work, personal experience and personal knowledge so rewarded.

Warren needs to hire Connolly to drive his car. I've been a big fan of WJ for years but I hate to see him losing so many times due to his slowing feflexes. JMHO

Wayne.

Good point Doug. I should have written...'He'd have to get around the Summit cars and Jeggie to have any success this year"

Did you notice Jeggie's reaction times yesterday? Nobody drives like Jeggie.

When all you have to do is sit in the office during the week and the motor home @ the races and hit the practice tree,you ought to be good.

When all you have to do is sit in the office during the week and the motor home @ the races and hit the practice tree,you ought to be good.

And of course it was Jeg's work on the practice tree that caused him to do so well in the Bobsled race. Face it-the guy is good-really good and he loves to race. And I loved the fact that when he took time off from Pro Stock, he went back to his sportsman roots and bracket raced all over the place. Oc ourse, then most of the guys in Pro Stock have long roots in the sportsman classes, but then come to think of it, so don't most of the pro racers.

And of course it was Jeg's work on the practice tree that caused him to do so well in the Bobsled race. Face it-the guy is good-really good and he loves to race. And I loved the fact that when he took time off from Pro Stock, he went back to his sportsman roots and bracket raced all over the place. Oc ourse, then most of the guys in Pro Stock have long roots in the sportsman classes, but then come to think of it, so don't most of the pro racers.

I wasn't questioning his driving abilities,only commenting on the reaction time aspect of driving a P/S'er. There was an article a few years back about the simulator he has to practice in. I wonder how much time a guy like WJ has to sit in a simulator.

I wasn't questioning his driving abilities,only commenting on the reaction time aspect of driving a P/S'er. There was an article a few years back about the simulator he has to practice in. I wonder how much time a guy like WJ has to sit in a simulator.

I not only understand what you're saying, Mike, I also agree with it and wish it was still that way. But on the other hand, the current trend of assembling complete teams certainly isn't Jeggie's fault. In this day and age, doing it all and expecting the same results Warren, Glidden, Reher & Morrison did years ago is not going to get you anywhere.

Jeggie is arguably the best pure driver our sport has ever seen, and there's a reason for that. For example, Warren is known for being one of the premier, if not the premier producer of horsepower over the last couple of decades. That's because it's his strength. Jeggie is no different. He understands his strength is his driving and he couples his obvious natural talent with every extreme of training he can in order to maintain his edge.

I certainly wouldn't speak for Dave, but I think he may have taken your post as condescending, as did I. When you say it should be easy, well, I think that's a bit overstated. After all, Jeggie isn't the only hired gun out there with minimal responsibilities outside of the cockpit, yet very few shine like he does. Pro Stock, Super Stock, Super Classes, ET brackets, it doesn't matter. He's a bad ass from every angle.

Sean D

P.S. It might scare us all to death what would happen if Warren would follow the same trend and put a pure driver in the car full-time................

I certainly wouldn't speak for Dave, but I think he may have taken your post as condescending, as did I. When you say it should be easy, well, I think that's a bit overstated.

P.S. It might scare us all to death what would happen if Warren would follow the same trend and put a pure driver in the car full-time................

Thanks Sean for getting my back on that and yes that's all I meant. Sorry Mike if my comment hit you the wrong way. And remember, my original comment was very complementary to the Johnson's. To me their big problem the last couple of years has been getting the horsepower they make to the ground. Their top end speeds have always indicated to me that the Cagnazzi and Anderson-Line teams do not have a big horsepower advantage over the Johnson's. I like the Cagnazzi team because Victor came out of comp in D1 just as I'm cheering on the Mountain View Tire team (they are all my buds). But I have all the respect in the world for the Johnson's and want to see them do well.

There's a certain driver on the sidelines now that if I was in Warren's shoes I would put him in my car and call it a driving career. I believe Warren has referred to this driver as a "punk".

Theres a certain driver on the sidelines now that if I was in Warren's shoes I would put him in my car and call it a driving career. I believe Warren has referred to this driver as a "punk".

Paul,

You make a great point. Warren just doesn't view driving as a skill. He's been disrespectful of Glidden, Allen, Jeggie, Connolly, Alderman and Geoffrion. Those guys were great 'drivers' and have a winning history against WJ.

With the parity in Pro Stock you need to be able to drive. Warren builds great motors but needs a driver and a crew chief to win.

You can spend your time focusing on areas of weakness or just count the wins. I'll go in the latter group, thanks.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back