Kate Harker Crash (1 Viewer)

That's why I clearly stated that blogs run by attorneys with vast knowledge of copyright law know what's legal and what is not and they quote quite regularly. They quote the article and give a link to the source, no different than what I did. I hardly think that attorneys with copyright knowledge running their own blogs are going to risk breaking the law. That means that they probably know what they're doing and what they're doing is perfectly legal. Again, I'll trust those with intimate knowledge of the law over over-zealous mods with no law background.

Intimate knowledge of the law or not, you would do well to read up on "fair use". You might email your references and get an opinion from them. I think you'll be surprised.

The Fair Use provision is likely what your heroes are using and it DOES NOT allow cut and paste except in particular situations. The law is very specific about when it is legal. I think you will find there is a very specific reference to what your attorneys are doing which unfortunately does not apply here.

If you sense a bit of crankiness here, it's only because some people here make their living with their words.

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Take the legality stuff to another thread!! I want to read about Kate Harker,not get a course in law 101.

Glad she is OK,and the car did what it was supposed to do.

Man, I forgot (was not aware) Kate was driving for Tom Conway. He had to have had some serious Deja Vu thoughts on that blowover. Hope he is okay too!

So glad to hear Kate is OK, and that she made it back to the track in time to see team mate Brandon Lewis come up short in the finals.

Thanks to Joe Monden for a very well built chassis. Good guy, quality work.

Tip of the cap To Tom and the rest of the crew for persevering through a tough afternoon at the track.

Looking forward to seeing everyone @ Shreveport.

Unk

I'm so glad Kate is alright. That was a scary crash sequence. I'll have to check it out next week on the LODRS TV broadcast.

Wow that was a Scary sequence! I can only imagine what Dad thought if he was there and witnessed it!:eek:

I bet the Ratings for the Lucas oil show from Sonoma will be the Highest of the Year!

Last edited:
Man those first 2 pages of photos so closely resembled Shelly's accident. It was like seeing it all over again.. I was scared to look at page 3.. I'm so glad things turned out so much better this time.

Last edited:
Im amazed/glad the car landed right side up after the blowover...glad shes alright, that must have been a scary ride.

Really glad to hear Kate's alright, she's an awesome girl, and I'm sure she will be back real soon.

Mike

We were pitted past the finsih line on the right side of the track in the unofficial Impalla SS funny car body catch zone (hard hats required).

I saw the whole thing and wondered how far she would travel before the car came to a stop. The safety safari drove up to her about 300 feet past the finishline as she continued down the track, engine still running. She drove right past all three trucks then slide along the left side guard rail before coming to a stop as she was closing in on the opening at the end. The trucks made U-turns and caught back up to her. Even though she came to a stop the engine continued to run so they used fire extinguishers to shut it down.

Very scary from our vantage point.

I was telling one of the guys a few days earlier how I was pitted next to Carrie Neil and her A/FD at this same Sears Point event several years ago and actually joked with her minutes before her tragic accident. After that they extended the K-rail to the end which obviously did it's job in this case by bringing Kate to a safe stop.

I can't imagine what went through Tom's mind as he saw it happening today.

RG

Man those first 2 pages of photos so closely resembled Shelly's accident. It was like seeing it all over again.. I was scared to look at page 3.. I'm so glad things turned out so much better this time.

Should anything close to the Shelly Howard incident ever happen at a Natl. event. The sport would be Toast!

Some one was telling me not to go to Spokane because it's "a shit track and dangerous" but after Seattle in April I learned that no track is safe. These cars are dangerous and anything can happen at any time and any place.

Thank Goodness for Hans Deevices. Didn't see it but I'll bet that saved her neck.

Last edited:
Even though she came to a stop the engine continued to run so they used fire extinguishers to shut it down.

There has GOT to be a way to shut these engines off when something like this happens. This could have been another incident like the tragic one a few years ago. Can there be kill switches on these cars? There sure as heck needs to be.

I know we talked about it in Eric Medlen's case, the crew chief having the power to shut the car down, but in this case, she blew over, has no chance of winning, crossed the line, destroyed a car, and yet the engine is still running. There has to be a way to stop this dangerous situation.

I agree with Joe. If something like with Shelly Howard happens again at a National Event, the NHRA will cease to exist.

I would guess you will see some "stout wheelie bars" appear on some cars. I am not sure how much that helps if the car is well down the track at speed.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back