Kalitta Toyota Solara body Debut (1 Viewer)

Jimbo

Nitro Member
Comp Plus has photos of the new Solara AA/FC. Looks sleek.

Of note was Alan Johnson at the line and being described as the "prime mover behind the project."

Does anyone else wonder about the Johnson/Kalitta connection?

Does the nose of the body look different to anybody else than it did in years past?

edit - I'm an idiot. I didn't realize it was a completely different model: Solara vs. the old Celica. :eek:

Last edited:
My thoughts were the basic body shape looked like a cross between the back of the Mustang and the front of the Stratus.

My thoughts were the basic body shape looked like a cross between the back of the Mustang and the front of the Stratus.

Took the words right out of my mouth... best of both worlds, things gotta be killer in the wind tunnel. Thank you Kenny and Dale for showing us the shape of things to come with that Buick back in '86 :eek:

that's not a bad assesment.
the horiz./vert. transition resembles the mustangs
the front does somewhat resemble the stratus
does the greenhouse look wider (across the body) than
other models currently in use? hard to tell in photos.
sharp looking body.

why are they testing with the toyota body? just seeing how it compares to the monte carlo, or is there sponsorship dollars from toyota? densham ran the celica for 1 race and burkhart for a few. other than that only bruce sarver/gary scelzi were long term runners with the toyota body for that alan johnson project a few years back.

why are they testing with the toyota body? just seeing how it compares to the monte carlo, or is there sponsorship dollars from toyota? densham ran the celica for 1 race and burkhart for a few. other than that only bruce sarver/gary scelzi were long term runners with the toyota body for that alan johnson project a few years back.

Toliver and Head ran Toyota's for a year back in 2004. Toliver won the Winternationals and ran a 4.73 at 328mph that weekend if my memeory serves me right.

I think Alan is still the middle man in this new deal. I'd guess he has a contract to have the body run by a FC team. Alan sure can't run it out of Shoes shop. I'd be shocked if the Kalitta's are not getting paid to run this new body. Think of all the money Scott will invest in coming up with a tune-up that will produce a winner...Your talking hundreds of thousands of dollars going up and down the food chain.

I might have missed some major announcement but has this body been NHRA approved as yet?
Alan Johnson in the Kalitta camp? Very interesting indeed!

My understanding was that there was some money available to run the old Toyota Celica body. Problem was, it was heavy, worked over, and not balanced. The new body looks to be a whole different story.....or at least has the potential to be:)

Well, all I can say is it doesn't look like a Stratus, or a Monte Carlo, or a Mustang, but as far as looking like a Toyota Solara? Not even close. It might help to have some paint on it, and some painted on headlights and grille, but otherwise it just looks like some super sleek unidentifiable generic funny car body.

Well, all I can say is it doesn't look like a Stratus, or a Monte Carlo, or a Mustang, but as far as looking like a Toyota Solara? Not even close. It might help to have some paint on it, and some painted on headlights and grille, but otherwise it just looks like some super sleek unidentifiable generic funny car body.

You beat me to it. :D

your right paul, i forgot about toliver and the shick car. man it might be a dream but alan johnson tuning a kalitta car. thatd be awesome. id love to see another camp steal one away form the evil empire :D

Where did it say anything about Alan Johnson tuning the car? If he has his fingers in the Toyota body deal, I suspect he was just watching to see how it did on the track vs. in a computer simulation.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back