Julie Russell Settles... (2 Viewers)

Very well said Gary.

A couple other thoughts on this thread....

The Agent. While I haven't read every article ever posted in that column, this was the first one I've seen where the author signed it with his initials. ...kinda odd, because Agent 1320 isn't one person, and as far as I know, never has been just one person.

Related to that article, a gag order is something put into place on a court case while the case is active. A settlement reached without going to trial could include a non-disclosure clause for all parties involved as part of the settlement. That would have to include any law firm anyone has access to.

She has decide is it worth it...but when your broke you got to do what you got to do right??

Terry, from what I understand, she isn't broke and I hope she gets what is rightfully hers and that NONE of us have to go through what she has.. you and your spouse included. So please, tell the rest of us how you know she is broke. What, I can't hear you, I didn't think you could answer that. Was it a friend of your cousin who heard on the corner that paid a crack addict, ....yada yada...

Last edited:
Glen,

My family is full of ESQ's and they defend many racing venues...
Julie is not going after these manufacturers for principal.....or you'd here alot more from her on the public/pro-active level...
Larry and Allison had an auction because she was behind financially...simple as that...
Whenevr you have assets that outweigh your savings and people are dependent you need enough life insurance to cover it in a worst case scenerio...
This situation is very easy to read into w/ having a law degree....even a crack addict could see this...as you'd say!!

Jerry,

truck settlement was grossly over hyped...Heard from my wife's law firm the settlement was almost 75% less than advertised facts.

My wife's firm respresents many racing venues and has never lost a case..

The Russell deal will not prevail on the positive side. Julie is fighting an uphill battle that will engulf her personal life and will prevent her from going forward w/ a new life.

And the firm that represents NHRA is huge...Century City firm based in west L.A. that charges alot more than $300.00 an hour...They are paid quarterly and are very tight w/ the district judges...

This case will go on for @ least another decade...

She has decide is it worth it...but when your broke you got to do what you got to do right??

TERRY,
I guess your Esq. and my Esq. history is from different schools.

Please give us a site for the "facts" on the truck settlement so we can all read it. Burk heard stuff too ,but he also says rumor.

If you could, PM me the name of your wife's firm, I have work for a firm that never lost a case !;)

I've worked on a few big ($600 million in '86) lawsuits myself, and have lost few too . I attended monthly court ordered review meetings for a two Billion dollar power plant delay suit attended by 25-30 people .
They called this a "huge" case because the hourly billing rate total for the attendees was over $ 10,000.00 per hour. :eek:

How many of "all" the cases that your wife's firm have won involved a widow ? ? What was the settlements in the smallest five ? ,or Largest ?

Could you give us the average time for Wrongful-Death cases in Julie's venue? Maybe your wife could help us out ? Nexis should do it.
Remember the Firestone 500's? There should be many " bad tire "cases to compare facts. Maybe your wife could prepare a short brief to help us "guess" the outcome ? ?

I can't believe a decade? :confused: ,

maybe e-mail the Burkster with what you heard. (from your wife);)

Well, I'm not an ESQ but I did watch Perry Mason when I was a kid. If Julie droping Simpson from the suit were true, wouldn't it be in the public record? As opposed to being in the rumor dept. I know that they wouldn't release details, but it seems to me that if it happened it would be news and not rumor.

Alan

Glen,

My family is full of ESQ's and they defend many racing venues...
Julie is not going after these manufacturers for principal.....or you'd here alot more from her on the public/pro-active level...
Larry and Allison had an auction because she was behind financially...simple as that...
Whenevr you have assets that outweigh your savings and people are dependent you need enough life insurance to cover it in a worst case scenerio...
This situation is very easy to read into w/ having a law degree....even a crack addict could see this...as you'd say!!

Terry,

It is inappropriate for you to comment on ANYONE'S financial situation! Good lord, ya nosey Nellie!!!:mad:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back