JR - Yeah Baby! (1 Viewer)

The Counterfeiter

Nitro Member
How about this kid! When this ride was first announced, a former Mater told me to watch JR because "he has what it takes". I guess he does!
Dexter made two brilliant choices by pairing JR with Jim Walsh and Evan didn't do too badly by helping the team step up to the top level. Congratulations to everyone!
And now . . . Torrance and Oswald on a second Skull team starting next week! Top Fuel 2007 is going to be very exciting - Fire 'Em Up!

Jim,

I have to agree about Top Fuel next year. And to think many on this board were discussing the termination of the category even earlier this year. Makes it tough to do when there are still new teams and drivers getting involved yearly.

man what a job by j.r and the crew!!!!! in the top 10, 3 wins and counting in his rookie year!!!! and he seems to own the evil empire . thats awesome!!!! congrats to j.r

J.R. Todd is a great driver, it seems like he has been in the car for a long time.

Watch out, 'cause next year he is a definite contender for the championship.

As far as I'm concerned he locked it up for rookie of the year it would be highway robbery if he doesn't get it.
That kid has it all!
Jim Walsh deserves a lot of credit because he is giving Todd a car to show case his talents in a definite team effort congratulations J.R., Jim and the entire Skull team also to Mr. Knoll for assembling an awesome group. :)

As far as I'm concerned he locked it up for rookie of the year it would be highway robbery if he doesn't get it.
That kid has it all!
Jim Walsh deserves a lot of credit because he is giving Todd a car to show case his talents in a definite team effort congratulations J.R., Jim and the entire Skull team also to Mr. Knoll for assembling an awesome group. :)

I think you are right. JR is now in the top ten in points and will likely pass the only other contender for ROY in the points. ROY is a no brainer this year! Congrats to JR and team.

I agree, if there was any doubt on ROTY coming into Reading, it is a no brainer now.

Good job Jimmy Walsh, thats 2 rookie of the year awards as crew chief, 2001 with Darrell Russell and now JR Todd.

I'm impressed with this team!
Can't wait for next year!
You can tell he's a true drag racer just from watching his interviews.
I see great things for him in the future!

It's interesting that Jimmy is running the single inlet intake system (BME?) as opposed to the three butterfly "snorkel" used by most of the Big Boyz. They continue getting down the track with constant improvement on every run -
will we see other teams switch? Opnions?

^^^ Interesting observation...Clay Millican has been running that system for awhile too, hasn't he? (but, of course, there is obviously more to consistency than which intake system you choose to run). Some of the funny car guys have also switched from the triple butterfly (Eric Medlen)...I believe some crew chiefs feel they get better throttle response from the larger single butterfly.

As far as J.R. Todd, he''s hands down my favorite driver in top fuel...I was excited to see him finally get a shot in the fuel class, and it's so great that Evan Knoll came along to provide the funding for Jimmy Walsh and those guys to get back into the tour. J.R.'s got the entire package...in AND outside of the cockpit. Congrats to the entire team!

The last time Tony beat JR, he got a little cocky and said to Gary Gerald that "JR had the best view of that run"

I thought that he was a little arrogant, especially for everything he has been handed. I thought those words may bite him, and cost him the championship. He may look back and see he lost the big check at the hands of JR Todd.
Who had the best view?

Last edited:
JR is the MAN! I love to watch him take down Tony. and with a 4.49 to boot!!!

The Salute at the end of the pass was the best!!

The last time Tony beat JR, he got a little cocky and said to Gary Gerald that "JR had the best view of that run"

I thought that he was a little arrogant, especially for everything he has been handed. I thought those words may bite him, and cost him the championship. He may look back and see he lost the big check at the hands of JR Todd.
Who had the best view?

Yeah, I noticed that too and thought he was kinda taking a little cheap shot at J.R. Seemed kinda moot though, since at that point the kid had already spanked Tony twice. The look on Tony's face though while Gary interviewed J.R. was priceless. I've always liked Tony, but it seemed apparent from his facial expression that he hated the taste of that "humble pie" he had just been served. ;) But he did give their team credit this time.

Who had the best view?

Interesting, I never noticed that incident. It's funny though cause Tony's probably a little po'd that JR snatched 2 wins from him on the Western Swing & now a semi-final rd in the heat of the points race.
They're starting to become a good rivalry... Phil Burkhart seems to have JFR's number alot of times, JR's doing the same with DSR.

The baddest rail in all the land has lost to the upstart kid 3 times. It certainly makes for some great racing! Hopefully Tony won't take the next 10 in a row.

Interesting, I never noticed that incident. It's funny though cause Tony's probably a little po'd that JR snatched 2 wins from him on the Western Swing & now a semi-final rd in the heat of the points race.
They're starting to become a good rivalry... Phil Burkhart seems to have JFR's number alot of times, JR's doing the same with DSR.

The baddest rail in all the land has lost to the upstart kid 3 times. It certainly makes for some great racing! Hopefully Tony won't take the next 10 in a row.

Or worst redlight when he faces J.R. again!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back