JR Todd Shut Up! (1 Viewer)

Rat

Nitro Member
We call it "drag racing." He has absolutely nothing to complain about. Clean runs, YOU LEFT FIRST! "It's the principle" no it is not and you lost. Factor in your light, you ran a 3.945 and you lost because you failed to run at least a 3.922. Keep it all the same, claim a better light? You should have cut a 0.16. You have no argument. Grow up!
Screenshot_2020-09-26 Results.png

JR is pissed because Beckman double bulbed him which could have been on accident? or on purpose to try to disturb his regular staging routine.

Keyboard jockeys: "We need drivers with personality who aren't PC and speak their minds. We need rivalries and drivers who don't like each other like the good 'ol days!"

- Driver speaks his mind -

Keyboard jockeys: "Shut up driver! You're a whiner and complainer! Grow up! You have no right to say what's on your mind!"

Keyboard jockeys buy tickets, contribute to ratings points, buy t-shirts and sponsor products. You would be wise to remember that.

No doubt about it. All I'm asking for is consistency. And although everything you say is true, what gives a person the right to tell someone to "shut up" while doing their job? Do I have the right to berate the 16 year old behind the counter at McDonalds simply because I am spending my money to purchase a product from the company that employs him? It seems to me that the internet has given a wide spectrum of people the courage to spout off under the blanket never having to defend their bloviating to the face of the people they are targeting.

No doubt about it. All I'm asking for is consistency. And although everything you say is true, what gives a person the right to tell someone to "shut up" while doing their job? Do I have the right to berate the 16 year old behind the counter at McDonalds simply because I am spending my money to purchase a product from the company that employs him? It seems to me that the internet has given a wide spectrum of people the courage to spout off under the blanket never having to defend their bloviating to the face of the people they are targeting.

Keyboard commandos, nuff said!

I care less about any of the int's unless it is actually going to comment on the run, what happened, or why. I do know there is not much time and some drivers are the pr machine and that is ok as they have too. I don't mind it at all unless a claim is made that the facts dispute. If he did it on accident, so? If he did it on purpose? What? Only Pro Stock can play games? Jack has no history of that except maybe the Atlanta final in '12 where he even admitted it was a very bad attempt at a red light and it rolled, yet lucky enough to win. Jack does not do that. No intention. If it was it would not matter anyway as it's still within his rules. Seems like "Expect anything at the line, is just not something for JR." Would you blame yourself when you had an easy solution? If Jack didn't have that accident, I give JR credit as it wouldn't be a story. He is far from trying to win INDY for the first time as well. If what he said actually had a legit result to not winning INDY I would give him the leverage, he has zero. It is not an opinion, the opinion dies with the facts of it. He either needed a better tune up or cut a .016 light, neither support his story. You cannot cut a .016 in FC.

Last edited:
I care less about any of the int's unless it is actually going to comment on the run, what happened, or why. I do know there is not much time and some drivers are the pr machine and that is ok as they have too. I don't mind it at all unless a claim is made that the facts dispute. If he did it on accident, so? If he did it on purpose? What? Only Pro Stock can play games? Jack has no history of that except maybe the Atlanta final in '12 where he even admitted it was a very bad attempt at a red light and it rolled, yet lucky enough to win. Jack does not do that. No intention. If it was it would not matter anyway as it's still within his rules. Seems like "Expect anything at the line, is just not something for JR." Would you blame yourself when you had an easy solution? If Jack didn't have that accident, I give JR credit as it wouldn't be a story. He is far from trying to win INDY for the first time as well. If what he said actually had a legit result to not winning INDY I would give him the leverage, he has zero. It is not an opinion, the opinion dies with the facts of it. He either needed a better tune up or cut a .016 light, neither support his story. You cannot cut a .016 in FC.
So you don't like JR Patrick. We get that, and that is your right. I like drivers that speak what they are thinking, even if it isn't rational at the time. The varied personalities are what I like about the sport. They don't have to match my personality or my preferences for me to appreciate their contribution to the sport.

JR is just a little gun shy. I think JF double bulbed him last year so maybe he thinks he's being picked on. It's all a mind game anyway

Hmm... the west is on fire, covid is killing 1000 people a day, tons of businesses will go out of business by January and NHRA is fighting to exist. I guess Jacks double bulb is pretty trivial huh?

Great drivers don't have a "staging procedure", they have "staging procedureS"

JR knows that, he's just frustrated. Probably doesn't help that the folks behind the mic do whatever they can to get these guys fired up when given the chance, which is ok too as far as I'm concerned.

Sean D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back