Josh Hart DNQ and he is pissed. (5 Viewers)

I saw John Stewart on the TV show. Brief shot. I will always remember him as a long haired teenager, driving an ex-Herm Petersen T/F car, beating Don Garlits at Irwindale. 500 years ago.... heh
Cliff
I knew John long before he got his top fuel license he always had great reaction times in his bracket dragster. that night at Irwindale I was talking to Garlits and said please take it easy on my buddy John , You are his first race ever🤭. Don said is it safe, I said he SHOULD be ok. he left on don 2 cars.😴. We bought the S&L Joint Venture from John's dad and uncle. John has come a long ways.
Larry Sutton---🤠

Last edited:
.............The chassis just doesn’t seem to respond to changes or they have some hard to work with clutch discs. They don’t seem to be blowing a ton of stuff up so it’s not like they are chasing gremlins.

I think this is more likely what is going on. No major changes needed with personnel. Like someone else said, maybe bring in a tuning consultant for a race or two to get another set of eyes on things. And maybe some new pipe IS needed. That seemed to have turned Doug Kalitta's season around last year. Pull the spare car out of the rafters and see what happens.

john stewart officially coming onboard to assist ron douglas. good luck to them.
Per Facebook post by Hart:
Welcome to the team, Stewie!
🤘

We’re adding veteran crew chief John Stewart to assist Ron Douglas in tuning our R+L Carriers machine! Looking forward to doing some testing before we head out west to Seattle
💪

I think this is more likely what is going on. No major changes needed with personnel. Like someone else said, maybe bring in a tuning consultant for a race or two to get another set of eyes on things. And maybe some new pipe IS needed. That seemed to have turned Doug Kalitta's season around last year. Pull the spare car out of the rafters and see what happens.
Wouldn't the front half be new pipe for the rules change?

Sunday's race brackets were like Pro-Stock......EVERYBODY had a good car. Given the twitchy nature of a fuel machine it seems inevitable some good car(s) would DQ. FWIW: It's a wonder Tony Stewart (and/or Leah....or Clay) haven't yet gone nuts. This season there are no first round "ducks on the pond".

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back