Joliet weather. (1 Viewer)

Con

Nitro Member
Good thing the race isn't today
Weather channel shows Chicago with tornado alert.

Big thunderstorm is west of Joliet moving east.

2003 there was a picture looking east from the pro pits. Above the transporters you could see a funnel cloud.
Think of the damage a Hail storm or tornado could do if it hit the pits at a

I have been dealing with tornado watches in New Mexico, and all across the Texas Panhandle. I had one in front and behind me in Texas and now I will see what this one brings. It rained pretty hard this afternoon here at the track but it is only cloudy right now.

The weather here in Chicagoland (and elsewhere) has been brutal of late. By month's end, will have had the highest rainfall total for the month of May since they've been keeping records. My concern is parking. Outside of the pro pits, all parking is on the grass for most of the sportsman racers as well as spectators. The ground is pretty saturated. And we are expecting rain overnight and more on Thursday.

When I got to Santa Rosa NM on Sun afternoon the sky was looking very dark going east and cars and trucks were pulling off to the side of the interstate in both directions so I pulled into the truck stop and parked the hauler so that the wind wasn't blowing against the side of it. The electricity was out in all three truck stops so I just sat there and waited for about 45 minutes until it cleared up and the wind died down. I had a lot of lightning and very hard rain all the way across the Texas Panhandle but when I got to Oklahoma it cleared up and the rest of the trip was pretty good. But within 5 minutes after arriving at the track it started raining hard but no wind yet.

It's been quite the month for weather here. I had the heat on in the house just last week. We had some bad ass storms roll thru here yesterday and now there are more on the way.

It's been quite the month for weather here. I had the heat on in the house just last week. We had some bad ass storms roll thru here yesterday and now there are more on the way.
Thats to say the least. I tilled the gardens over the weekend only only to stand in 8 inches of water trying to find the sewer to clear it again yesterday.. Best of luck and be safe.

Made the trip from Phoenix to Ohio last week. Wasn't fun stayed in Amarillo woke up to storms, headed east on 40 to OKC where I normally take 44
towards ST.Louis. with all the tornadio warnings I decided to stay on 40 to Nashville then head north to Ohio.
Looks like I did the right thing saw Tornado activity all along 44.

Weather has been strange all over this year. In Phoenix, we have been 15-20 degrees below normal (which is about 100 this time of year). Was 75 last week as the high. Up in Flagstaff (7000' altitude) it snowed Monday. I think they said this is the latest in the year it has snowed there. This week we are back to "normal" with highs close to 100. Wish it would stay that way.....

Weather has been strange all over this year. In Phoenix, we have been 15-20 degrees below normal (which is about 100 this time of year). Was 75 last week as the high. Up in Flagstaff (7000' altitude) it snowed Monday. I think they said this is the latest in the year it has snowed there. This week we are back to "normal" with highs close to 100. Wish it would stay that way.....

Our weather has been fantastic all year except for the pesky rain and high 40's during the Friday nationals. It was the first time I can remember sitting outside on the patio all day on memorial day. Even looking at the ten day forecast there are no 100 degree days forcasted (all 95-98) which means it will still be nice and mild at night

Weather this time of year is always unpredictable. Right now I'm standing here soaked when as of an hour ago the rain wasn't suppose to hit for 3 hours.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back