Johnny Loper (1 Viewer)

I'm sorry to hear this.
RIP

(Correct me if I'm wrong, he drive a gasser car called the little boss, right?)

Last edited:
Johnny Loper has always been a big supporter and sponsor of local drag racing here in Arizona and he will be missed. Rest in peace, Johnny.

So sad, another legend gone. Had a chance to chat with John at the Mesa shop a few years ago, he had gotten into coin collecting and seemed to be enjoying life. RIP

BW - I believe the Anglia was "Little Hoss"

So sad, another legend gone. Had a chance to chat with John at the Mesa shop a few years ago, he had gotten into coin collecting and seemed to be enjoying life. RIP

BW - I believe the Anglia was "Little Hoss"
Yup, I read it so fast, I missed that. Thought it said Little Hoss.:D

I considered Johnny a good friend and a valuable resource for us all here in the Valley. He built a great business and left his own in far better shape as a result of his hard work, determination, insight and love of the sport. His shops are in very capable hands with Johnny Junior. He's learned way more than he probably wanted to know these last few years while John Senior was struggling with declining health. He's going to be just fine and the business will continue to serve all of us here.

Thanks for such great memories John. Your legacy will last for a long long time.

I can see him and Ted Hoover bench racing about the good old days up at the drag strip in the sky. God Speed Mr. Loper.

One other thing, as Doc said, we are very fortunate for what Johnny built in Phoenix. It is all we have without going the mail order route.

If and when someone hears about funeral services for John, please let the rest of us know. I know my family would like to attend to honor him as well as his family.

Sad News

Sad to hear this. Johnny was a good guy. He helped out Johnny West, Scoots and myself whenever he could. A respected name in Arizona racing. R.I.P. "HOSS"

Viewing for John J. Loper
Whitney & Murphy
48th St. & Indian School Rd.
Phoenix, AZ
Friday 9-29-06 1:00-9:00 PM

Funeral Services
Scottsdale Bible Church
7601 E. Shea Blvd.
Scottsdale, AZ
Saturday, 2:30 PM

Any donations go to "Hospice of Arizona"

Ways To Support Nitromater