John vs Hulk Hagan (2 Viewers)

LasVegas87

Nitro Member
Who do you have winning this one? Very disappointing that it is being run at a different track, but glad to see John in a final. NASCAR's Mark Martin once said "one of your wins will be your last, is it this one?" Heart is pulling for John here, just because. You?

pretty sure j. line got his first 'home track' win @ BIR, two weeks later in indy. so i'll go for the same here. CA boy wins 'home race' in neighboring state.

I'm rooting for Force and it's because I have never seen him win a race in person. I've been to races since 2007 and am probably close to 40+ national events I've attended and have never seen him win.

I'm rooting for Force and it's because I have never seen him win a race in person. I've been to races since 2007 and am probably close to 40+ national events I've attended and have never seen him win.
now that's funny. i remember starting national events in '88 @ BIR, just when john was getting on his huge win streak there. he won something like 7 of next 8 or 9 races there.
love the guy, but it got to wishing someone else would eventually win FC ........ pretty sure john has lane choice in phoenix, so maybe that will be a factor.

Where’s Bloom when you need him? I think this is correct but John only has one win from 2022 to 2024. Hulk had six last season. I don’t think John has the combination to threaten a championship these days with the team he has. I know, harsh but numbers don’t lie.

I saw Force win at Maple Grove in 1990. There’s no way I could forget that day. I got to the race late due to traffic (eliminations just started), they sold out of pit side tickets, there were numerous oil downs, we had to tough out a thunder and lightning storm (hiding under a pizza vendor’s trailer awning) , track drying and prepping for 5 hours, and final eliminations in the pro categories went off at 10pm! (No curfew) .
Facing a 2 1/2 hr ride home to NJ, do you stay or leave? Of course I stayed…. and most of the reported 50,000 fans did too. John Force got his 12th win by bettering Mark Oswald in the Candies and Hughes car, Gary Ormsby beat Gene Snow and Darrell Alderman beat Bob Glidden…. All won in the spectator lane!
The ride out of the track was spooky… your headlights illuminating Amish people on bicycles staring at you like ghosts while traffic took every back road out of there.

Last edited:
When I was in USAF in Montana, we had Hooterites (sp?), kinda sorta like Amish, except they drove farm trucks, etc. Wore clothes like Amish, etc. Once I was in a Air Force supply truck and we were delivering stuff to the missle sites. Battery went dead in our truck. Hooterite guys come by & said they would help us. Got a big ol' farm truck, loaded w/ a bunch of them in the back, and towed us so we could start. Hooterites saved the Air Force. :)

When I was in USAF in Montana, we had Hooterites (sp?), kinda sorta like Amish, except they drove farm trucks, etc. Wore clothes like Amish, etc. Once I was in a Air Force supply truck and we were delivering stuff to the missle sites. Battery went dead in our truck. Hooterite guys come by & said they would help us. Got a big ol' farm truck, loaded w/ a bunch of them in the back, and towed us so we could start. Hooterites saved the Air Force. :)
I think you're thinking of Mennonites. Some of their ways are Amish, but they don't eschew technology. When I was young, a Mennonite cabinet make made custom cabinets for a remodeling of our kitchen. I don't think I've seen better wood work since.

hooterites

Attachments

• hooterites.png
    hooterites.png
    486.9 KB · Views: 47
Who do you have winning this one? Very disappointing that it is being run at a different track, but glad to see John in a final. NASCAR's Mark Martin once said "one of your wins will be your last, is it this one?" Heart is pulling for John here, just because. You?
Not a big fan of Force, but I respect his rags to riches life and what he's done for drag racing. As for Hagan, I can take him or leave him. So as we say here in the South, "it don't make no never mind to me" as long it's a safe race.
On a side note, is it just me or does Hagan resemble Dan Blocker who played Hoss Cartwright on Bonanza?
Hoss.jpg
Hagan.jpg

Side note 2: isn't Hagan one of those "all they need is a boarding pass and a helmet" drivers Muldowney refers to in my Shirleys not happy post?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back