John Andretti Passed (1 Viewer)

Not to go off track but, what good is life when the body outlives the brain. I've lost my Dad, Mother-in-law, a close friend and
we have lost many racers, due to Alzheimer's. That's the reason for me to make the choice of NOT getting a Colonoscopy.
I believe in quality of life not quantity of yrs. When the end comes it comes, No Chemotherapy. I have a living will and a DNR.
My wife a retired RN who has the same belief as I.

Colon cancer can be nipped at the polyps stage. Easily treated. John was nowhere near the Alzheimer's stage of life and neither was my wife. The butt kicker in all this for me is, she's gone and I'm living the consequences of her bad choice by now living life as her widower.

Not to go off track but, what good is life when the body outlives the brain. I've lost my Dad, Mother-in-law, a close friend and
we have lost many racers, due to Alzheimer's. That's the reason for me to make the choice of NOT getting a Colonoscopy.
I believe in quality of life not quantity of yrs. When the end comes it comes, No Chemotherapy. I have a living will and a DNR.
My wife a retired RN who has the same belief as I.

I don't get the logic????

While the state of medicine today is not great for Alzheimers, why not test for problems in the plumbing- They're pretty easy to deal with if you catch 'em early. I mean, if you get Alzheimers it might be a blessing to die early but you're gonna' feel stupid if you're fully lucid and find advanced GI problems.
Believe me - the prep (as embarrassing(??) as it might be - is no big deal. The scope itself allows one to get a nice nap or, at least, enjoy some good drugs.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back