Jim Head's Boomer on Fox... (1 Viewer)

I'll never forget the famous quote he said a few years ago "People who blow stuff up are stupid and I'm stupid"

I thought it was great that he corrected the death toll of 85 drivers. Shows how stupid these news people make themselves look, by blowing things out of proportion. Too bad the winners didn't get any air time for winning.
It's always the Crash & Burn footage that gets the air time.

I thought it was great that he corrected the death toll of 85 drivers. Shows how stupid these news people make themselves look, by blowing things out of proportion. Too bad the winners didn't get any air time for winning.
It's always the Crash & Burn footage that gets the air time.

And it's amazing how "STUPID" us fans look when we analyse what the "Stupid Media" is saying.

First off.. the 'stupid media' is correct.

Since 1990 85 people have been killed on Sanctioned by either NHRA or IHRA 'Organized Drag Strips'. Jim was correct (to a point) when he said only a 'few' people have been killed in NHRA National Event level drag racing. A 'few' people have been killed in NHRA Funny Cars at National Event tracks since 1990. A 'few' more have been killed in Top Fuel Dragsters. Several more have been killed in Top Alcohol Dragsters since 1990, some in Pro Mod some in Super Classes, Competition Eliminator, bracket racing, Motorcycles and JET CARS.

These are the FACTS the media reported. Jim was looking into his own application and forgot about the other 95% which Warren Johnson seems to frequently speak about, (seems Warren has a point).

Yes, drag racing is a very dangerous sport. People die. No matter what we do with safety, people are going to continue to die. With the speeds and forces these cars put out, it's a danger we accept. However, Jim was correct...("ONE DRIVER IS TOO MANY").

I for one enjoy these type of reports. It shows how safe our sport is (in regards to the speed, negative "g" impacts and violent explosions which occur frequently). Also multiply all these 'shock and awe' reports and you usually have a great PR opportunity to sell the safety of our sport..(most of the time, the driver walks away).

Sorry for teeing off on ya Harry, but this time....the Media got it right.

Tim,

Go all the way back to the beginning. I was surprised.

I have...

Not to long ago, I did a video giving tribute to several drivers who lost their lives on the race track. The audio from the video has since been removed from Youtube.com. I got my info for the video from Don Ewald and his amazing website, Drag Racing, Dragsters, Funny Cars and Drag Boats

When I found the website I posted above a few weeks ago, I was STUNNED on how many I missed for my video..

I have...

Not to long ago, I did a video giving tribute to several drivers who lost their lives on the race track. The audio from the video has since been removed from Youtube.com. I got my info for the video from Don Ewald and his amazing website, Drag Racing, Dragsters, Funny Cars and Drag Boats

When I found the website I posted above a few weeks ago, I was STUNNED on how many I missed for my video..

Looking at it, you may understand why I dread my birthday... there's a ten day period both sides of it that really sucks.

d'kid

What they don't report is better than half of the deaths are not racing related. Many had heart attacks while in the car and were dead before they hit anything.

It is a risk we all take, when it is your time there isn't much you will be able to do to stop it. I still love the sport, the people, and the amazing rush I get when I unleash 1100 HP in a 1500 lbs. vehicle.

Wheelies are soooo cool.

It's even more amazing how little 'die hard fans' know about our sport too Joe...

Drag Strip Deaths - Home

Click on 1990-95 and start counting there.. then click on 95 till 2010.... Fox gave "Drag Racing" a break... 122 and still counting.. from 1990 till 2009
......however, when you do the math, where does it take into account that this occured within hundred's of thousands of passes down many drag strips over those years???

And Jim Head is absolutely right,...("ONE DRIVER IS TOO MANY"), but when you look at that website you posted and look at the pictures at those fire suits, etc. and truly think about them, if a participant must wear all of that safety equipment just to participate in a given sport, there must truly be some inherent dangers involved in that sport. Most would think that any participant has to have a daredevil personality, or is just plain crazy to participate.......

......however, when you do the math, where does it take into account that this occured within hundred's of thousands of passes down many drag strips over those years???

And Jim Head is absolutely right,...("ONE DRIVER IS TOO MANY"), but when you look at that website you posted and look at the pictures at those fire suits, etc. and truly think about them, if a participant must wear all of that safety equipment just to participate in a given sport, there must truly be some inherent dangers involved in that sport. Most would think that any participant has to have a daredevil personality, or is just plain crazy to participate.......

For 5 years of my life I was a Steeplejack. A professional high climber, now I go less than the 100' plus I used to, probably 70' at the most.

It's dangerous, especially the rigging.

My Dad did it 'till he was 67.

Why do I do it?

I love it, the 'high'.

but it's old hat, after 30 years, the excitement has dwindled.

I own and ride a V8 LT1 bike, almost 400 hp, still looking for way to hop it up.....................

FAST.........ain't fast enough.

REX

For 5 years of my life I was a Steeplejack. A professional high climber, now I go less than the 100' plus I used to, probably 70' at the most.

It's dangerous, especially the rigging.

My Dad did it 'till he was 67.

Why do I do it?

I love it, the 'high'.

but it's old hat, after 30 years, the excitement has dwindled.

I own and ride a V8 LT1 bike, almost 400 hp, still looking for way to hop it up.....................

FAST.........ain't fast enough.

REX
Rex......... Sell your bike and buy a Turbo Busa.
that will solve the "ain't fast enough" problem!;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back