Jay Payne in Div 7 Vegas (1 Viewer)

Fueler32

Nitro Member
Jay Payne took a wild ride in his Funny Car today in the Div 7 Race, I guess he had some real bad Tire shake, One Tire hooked and he hit the wall and Knocked him out, The car continued down the track and he put it in the sand, He has been Treated and released from UCMC and from what I hear, Is on his way home to rebuild the car, Tony F Had to climb in and shut the car off as it was still running in the sand.

Jay was taken in for observation and back at the track a few hours later.
Mostly body work as it drove against the wall and flattened the headers.

Sorry to hear about Jay, Hope he has a full recovery! On that note; watch tomorrow's Sportsman race from Vegas. Cy Chesterman taggs the wall pretty hard himself, infact one of the track cam's was on the wall around 330 where Cy hit and the Camera catches it. You wouldn't have caught me on that camera!!!

Wow, that's a bummer. I wish I was there instead of sitting at the library sitting across from a mean Russian woman who just told me to keep my feet still from tapping.

Sorry to hear about Jay, Hope he has a full recovery! On that note; watch tomorrow's Sportsman race from Vegas. Cy Chesterman taggs the wall pretty hard himself, infact one of the track cam's was on the wall around 330 where Cy hit and the Camera catches it. You wouldn't have caught me on that camera!!!

I was actually messing with the movie mode with camera on Chesterman's run in with the wall. Here is the link to the video and others I did in Vegas.
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

glad to know that Jay is A O K,

Have a lot of respect for him, he's always been really nice from the first time we met through Gasparrelli.

Jay was taken in for observation and back at the track a few hours later.
Mostly body work as it drove against the wall and flattened the headers.

Kevin:

I went over afterward to see if JR Clark needed any help and I can tell you the chassis took a hard hit and at a minimum will need to be front halved. The main thing is is that Jay is OK.

RG

JR brought the car in today and it is at the very least going to get a front half. We have to put it on the jig yet to see if the back half is straight and true. The front is bent in front of the engine about 10 inches to the right. Both sets of rails....it was one helluva hit. The left side of the body is pretty trashed...Hairy Glass will have to work some of their magic on that. JR said alot of people offered them a car to use. Big names some of them...there are still alot of great people in drag racing, from the very top to the bottom. Great sport we have, huh! :)

Kevin:

I went over afterward to see if JR Clark needed any help and I can tell you the chassis took a hard hit and at a minimum will need to be front halved. The main thing is is that Jay is OK.

RG

Randy - Just noticed your avatar and found a picture I took at last weekend's Div 7 race of the Torco Alcohol FC. Is that your car, and if so, you must be one of those tough looking dudes in the background, lol? ;)

D200lover

Randy - Just noticed your avatar and found a picture I took at last weekend's Div 7 race of the Torco Alcohol FC. Is that your car, and if so, you must be one of those tough looking dudes in the background, lol? ;)

D200lover

I see Lou Gasparrelli and Mike Gordon in the backround, and off to the left is Michael Gasparrelli. I'm back at the trailer listening to Alan Reinhart call the action over the radio whilest I'm ready to slit my wrists (Just kidding, of course).

I'm usually off the left side of the car so I'm obviously not in the picture. That must have been the Friday evening session.

Nice shot.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back