Jason's 68 Chev wagon (1 Viewer)

What a cool guy! I'll bet he's having a blast doing this. Even cooler will be when one of his engines is on the pole at the next race (Atlanta). That will prove that you don't have to work 18 hours a day to compete. You can still be a 'guy' and have some fun along the way. Who knows...with all this window time on his hands he'll probably come up with an idea for another 20 horses...or so! ;)

Go Jason!

I don't think they have ever left him-two years ago at maple grove he was at the fence at top end, just like a lot of sportsmen racers, watching stock and superstock run. It wouldn't surprise me if that happens a lot.

I remember one late Saturday night at Pomona.
Sportsmen were running.
Pretty much everyone was gone, but about 30 of us in the whole grandstand, and I see Jason down at the fence. Just diggin on super stock.

:cool:

Early Friday morning @ Gainesville this year I was standing about 1000 ft @ the fence getting ready to watch stock, here comes Jason. Chatted with him the whole session. Definately a sportsman racer at heart.
The wagon is big as Arizona and cool, can't wait to see what's in store.

Unk

Hope he checks the oil...often! The last time I did a cross country drive in an old car I picked up, i'd changed the oil with all the quarts I pumped in to it along the way. I've since had stock in Quaker State! :D
But John, my guess is that your "find" was probably a Mopar, right? This is a Chevrolet; therein lies the difference!:p (Sorry Mr. Cerberus, I couldn't resist!)

Jason could never stay mad at me-LOL

He and the wagon are safely home. Not exactly a nice easy trip. They weren't wasting any time.

Alan

Left the West coast on Monday (Sunday night at the earliest)- arrived on the East coast on Tuesday :eek:

HOLY....... :eek: Wow!

But John, my guess is that your "find" was probably a Mopar, right? This is a Chevrolet; therein lies the difference!:p (Sorry Mr. Cerberus, I couldn't resist!)

Yes....I was driving a Mopar...a '69 GTX to be exact. I knew the motor was weak, but I didn't know it was THAT weak! :eek:

That reminds me of an old NASCAR saying...you'll love this...

"Do you know what MOPAR stands for???

M - Move

O - Over

P - People

A - Are

R - Racing"

That hurt like heck the first time I heard it, but I also thought it was funny as can be. In Nascar it's true, in drag racing it's a whole different deal...brother Terry!

Left the West coast on Monday (Sunday night at the earliest)- arrived on the East coast on Tuesday :eek:

HOLY....... :eek: Wow!

no problem, jason threw in one of gregs qualifying engines, put the tune on it and got 1 mile to the gallon but made it in 1 day. KB power! :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back