Jason's 68 Chev wagon (1 Viewer)

fatcat

Nitro Member
I'm thinking Jasons' son just got his first race car. Whatever the reason for the purchase, I'm fairly certain that car will be in Stock eliminator at some point. His roots must be calling the former World Champ. One weapon in his vast resume is that he is a Q Jet genius.

I'm thinking Jasons' son just got his first race car. Whatever the reason for the purchase, I'm fairly certain that car will be in Stock eliminator at some point. His roots must be calling the former World Champ. One weapon in his vast resume is that he is a Q Jet genius.

Looks like a series of bad ideas. The purchase,the ride home, and racing it. Maybe it was just an April fools joke.

it would be cool if jason took a camera guy with him , maybe do a little piece of the trip on a telecast, or do a blog about the trip. sounds fun. and yes that would make a good stock eliminator car.

Whats the index for a Q/SA these days?
14 something , and they run 11.50s? :D
No Quadra Jet on that motor, 2 barrel Rochester.
I like the ideal of a camera crew filming part of the "journey".

Last edited:
Great minds think alike---my first thought also when I saw the wagon was "Jason's gonna build another Stock elim car". Those of us from Div. 5 (and elsewhere) all have raced (and been beaten by most of the time) a member of the Line gang and their Buicks!

I think its cool he is still thinking about messing around with old cars. It just makes him a real person in my book. Not that he wasn't already!

I could spill all the secrets about the wagon. Or you could hide out along I-40 and wait for it to come by. Jason is on the way to Mooresville, NC. It's in New Mexico right now.

Alan

If I'd known he was looking for one, I would have sold him my '69, and I know it would make it across the country...

And I bet everyone was wondering what I was talking about in the "where's Reinhart" thread... :D

Alan's probably at his stockbrokers buying as many shares in refined 40W crude as he can afford....:D

Hey A- think they can fit a 55 gallon drum and a low speed dry sump in the back of that thing? It'll save having to pull over all the time...

That's gonna be a LOOONG trip :D

It did have a curtain hiding the rear suspension! LOL

Alan

Alan- He didn't take the mudflap off, did he?!? :eek: That was probably there as a courtesy diaper for the cars behind it, so they didn't get 40W in the grille....

Last edited:
If I'd known he was looking for one, I would have sold him my '69, and I know it would make it across the country...

Hey Sweeny! Badass lookin long roof there. That's what I say do with em, slam em, big-block em, and drive the %&*! out of em! And yes, I did notice your great little small block! Hope I didn't get drool on it.

I could spill all the secrets about the wagon. Or you could hide out along I-40 and wait for it to come by. Jason is on the way to Mooresville, NC. It's in New Mexico right now.

Alan

Hope he checks the oil...often! The last time I did a cross country drive in an old car I picked up, i'd changed the oil with all the quarts I pumped in to it along the way. I've since had stock in Quaker State! :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back