Is it Hot enough for you? (1 Viewer)

sharkman

Nitro Member
well It's 101 degrees at my house in Overton, Heat Index at 105. We are lucky to have a pool to help stay cool, The A/C is nice but I cant stay inside all day long.

The high today was 95 with a heat index of 104. The humidity wasn't too bad today at about 70%. That's low for down here.

101° here too today.You could cut a knife thru the humidty.Wife and I were at our son's swim championships this weekend which,luckily for us,were INSIDE!!

101° here too today.You could cut a knife thru the humidty.Wife and I were at our son's swim championships this weekend which,luckily for us,were INSIDE!!
Dude! That is almost identical to what we had, but we were outside at 6:00 pm for a State All-Star Tourney.....and there was absolutely ZERO breeze. And this braniac had spent over 2 hours in the pool in the middle of the day. DUMBASS! I was freakin' miserable! :rolleyes:

Dude! That is almost identical to what we had, but we were outside at 6:00 pm for a State All-Star Tourney.....and there was absolutely ZERO breeze. And this braniac had spent over 2 hours in the pool in the middle of the day. DUMBASS! I was freakin' miserable! :rolleyes:

Not me!! We had to be at championships at 7am and we were thru at around 1pm,headed home,I threw my wife my cell phone(it was in my pocket) and I jumped in the pool clothes and all!! :eek:
BTW..the temp gauge was reading 106° in my truck and only went down to 100° while we were going down the road.Kind of hard to cool off in a swimming pool that has 88° water in it though.

Nothing better than sitting outside on a hot summer night and enjoying a tasty adult beverage!

It’s been hot here too!!!

My thermometer said 102 degrees on Saturday afternoon!!!

A friend of mine, Jeff Barnes is the tournament director for one of the largest softball tournaments in the country (I think it’s one of the largest) It’s called the “Fireman’s Tournament” in Bloomington Minnesota. (it’s only about 8 blocks from my house) This weekend was the 48th annual, they had 154 teams registered from all over the country with 32 additional teams on the “backup list” The fields they play the tournament on were renamed many years ago to “Kent Hrbek Fields” (after the Minnesota Twins player and 1987 World series Grand Slam hitter…. Kent Hrbek) Kent literally grew up 3 houses away from these fields.

Anyway…
It was extremely hot here this weekend with about 1000% humidity…..Way to hot for me!!! I didn’t make it over to the tournament this year because of the heat (remember, this is Minnesota…. It was 30 degrees below zero 6 month ago) I couldn’t imagine playing ball in this weather….. I hope everyone survived ok!!
:)

These stories sound like a cold front has moved in?
I'll show you hot! Over 116 at my home two of the past four days and we finished all our work on the construction of the new shop we just framed, sheeted, sheered, wired, plumbed and insulated (to keep it cool.)
We wish we could have had something like Denver this weekend!

101? LOL

Oh, you can keep your humidity! That makes any temp over 90 unbearable for us desert folks.

I had planned on going to the Dragboats in Okla. city this weekend but had to cancel because of some dental issues. As Hot as I'm sure it was.......I'm glad I stayed home afterall! Same with Denver....and to think I thought Indy was Hot???:eek:

On Saturday, 100 by 9:00AM, then got up to 112 by 1:00PM. It finally got down to 100 by 10:00PM. Hell, the pool water was 90.

Come visit Las Vegas in June/July/August/September or better yet the Phoenix area, man it seems like it gets hotter every year I'm in the Mojave Desert.

I work at night, & try to sleep in the daytime going outside as little as possible right now. A lot of folks always seem to be mad for no reason when it's this hot around here.

It's 93 here with a rare 25% humidity. Usually Humidity is around 7%.

Denver seemed even hotter because I was busier than yell.

I'm not really looking forward to the Great Bend race. Suffered from heat stroke there a few years ago.

Last edited:
104 is unusal for NoCal isn't it??

Not really. We usually have 2 or 3 heat spells a summer like this. The thing is it can be 60 in SF, 80 in Oakland (10 miles away), 90 in the Walnut Creek Concord area (another 20 miles away) and then 100 plus out in Antioch (another 15-20 miles). It is usually 5 degrees hotter in Sacramento and those inland valleys.
But 104 IS hot and we don't get too many days that high.

Not really. We usually have 2 or 3 heat spells a summer like this. The thing is it can be 60 in SF, 80 in Oakland (10 miles away), 90 in the Walnut Creek Concord area (another 20 miles away) and then 100 plus out in Antioch (another 15-20 miles). It is usually 5 degrees hotter in Sacramento and those inland valleys.
But 104 IS hot and we don't get too many days that high.
Wow, that's an incredible fluctuation. I've never been to the Bay area, but I hope to visit some friends there soon. Sounds like S.F. is the place to be in the summer. I can't wait to visit!

Every set of hills you go over the temp rises 10° here. San Francisco is the place to be today. Coolest place on the west coast.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back