Is IHRA dropping top fuel???? (1 Viewer)

They really don't have true T/F right now anyways do they? I mean the few times I've seen it on T.V they are pathetically slow and always have one sided races with the other guy breaking. Kinda like NHRA qualifying when everybody is swinging for the fence. Hell the A/F cars are about as fast over there. IHRA is more sportsman orientated as well it should be and I think they would do better sticking with that concept and not trying to compete with NHRA. Think of all the money they would save not paying a T/F purse and spending all the resources and time cleaning up after them every pass.

Looks like they will showcase the Prostalgia and Pro Fuel cars, then add Nostalgia TF, Fuel Altereds and Nitro Harleys to their show.

They get rid of TF and they can kiss their "new" audience goodbye. Thank God my old hometrack (NED) and "new" home track (VMP) will be NHRA next year.

Wow - this is pretty huge news (if true). While it'd be neat to see nostalgia TF and fuel altereds, I wonder how many NTF and AA/FA teams there are and how many would be willing to come out to Edmonton.

I sort of agree with the comments about TF this season - low car counts and other than the big hitters (Lagana, Litton, King), not a lot of quality and an awful lot of pedal-fests.

But this probably makes sense and fills in what the "5 nitro classes" that they talked about on their website.

Looks like Litton and Lagana will be running the first two events.:confused: Also, it looks like the Pro Fuel class has been reduced to four cars.:(

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back