Cylinder Dropping Question (1 Viewer)

Rat

Nitro Member
When a fuel car drops a cylinder, appox. how much mph and et does it shave off a run. Now I know some may ask, where on the track are you dropping it, well a fuel car with a hole out at the start to 1000 ft has to be way worse than 800 to 1000. Let's say at half track which is now 500 ft.

There is no answer to your question.....it would be different for every run. The only way you could answer that question if every fuel car ran the same ET and speed at every interval of the track.

When a fuel car drops a cylinder, appox. how much mph and et does it shave off a run. Now I know some may ask, where on the track are you dropping it, well a fuel car with a hole out at the start to 1000 ft has to be way worse than 800 to 1000. Let's say at half track which is now 500 ft.

Our car most of the time puts a hole out at the step and will still run 256-258mph at the 1/8...we try not to run it to the finishline under those conditions.

Our car most of the time puts a hole out at the step and will still run 256-258mph at the 1/8...we try not to run it to the finishline under those conditions.

So that's about 20 mph off usual. And Mike, I see what you mean, there's no easy way to ask this question, but I would like to ask it. Nobody ever does show a potential consequence of a cylinder dropping other than 800 horsepower: I guess i can phrase it better, maybe

What does losin 800 horsepower do to a fuel car in terms of e.t. and speed on average? I imagine there has to be a pretty rough estimate, just like how I even heard how the 8,000 HP power fuel cars maybe even making 9,000 now.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back