International Space Station (ISS) Assembly diagram, piece by piece (1 Viewer)

Hutch

Nitro Member
Look at what happened from 1998 until 2008..
In just ten years it has grown and grown. Watch the pieces come together as they are sent up from Earth.
This is the International Space Station (ISS) Assembly diagram, piece by piece.
I had no idea the Space Station had grown to this size. This is really cool.....​

Human Space Flight (HSF) - Orbital Tracking

That link shows real time orbital tracking. If the thing passes overhead + / - an hour of sunset, you will see it plain as day, it is very bright (brighter then Jupiter). I've caught it many times, even watched the space shuttle chase it a few times. If it passes close to overhead, it can be seen for a few minutes.

If you had an extremely steady hand you could watch it through a telescope (pretty much impossible)

YouTube - International Space Station passing over Kennedy Space Center

Very cool, I was at KSC for the lauch of STS-132 Atlantis which lanched on May 14 2010. It was carring a Integrated Cargo Carrier and a Russian-built Mini Research Module to the ISS.

Very cool, I was at KSC for the lauch of STS-132 Atlantis which lanched on May 14 2010. It was carring a Integrated Cargo Carrier and a Russian-built Mini Research Module to the ISS.

I got to see STS 124

YouTube - STS 124 Launch - May 31, 2008

I was down there one year for I think it was the Opportunity mission to mars. Got to be much closer then the space shuttle. A night launch too, but it was scrubbed! It was such a hassle to get out to the Causeway for this launch if it would have gotten scrubbed we would not have made it back (temp was over 100 that day). VERY lucky that this mission got off on the first attempt right on time.

Sucked BIGTIME trying to get out of that place though afterward, one road in, one road out. The whole coast was PACKED, took many hours to get back to Cocoa Beach.

It was on my bucket list... The expectation was too high.. cool but the feeling and sound of a TF car at the start is better in my opinion.. keep in mind we were 6.5 miles away from the shuttle... and thats the closest the general public can get.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back