IndyCar crashes - in our parking lot! (1 Viewer)

The Counterfeiter

Nitro Member
Our business neighbor does a lot of "wraps" on all kind of vehicles. Appears he was under a deadline to wrap a two seat detuned open wheel race car that purportedly belongs to the father of an Indy 500 winner.
He was there by himself, and instead of pushing the car out, he got in and STARTED IT UP! Got it backed out of the shop - after that things went REALLY wrong! He either panicked or the throttle struck.
Our maintenance guy comes in a 5:00 and heard a crash - the car was upside down in the landscaping and an oleander branch had pierced the guy's skull above his nose. Our guy has worked a Firebird for twenty years and had the presence of mind to call 911 and then administer pressure to stop bleeding.
I'm very glad that our neighbor is alive and I'm all for customer service,
but this has to rank way up there in "What were you thinking?"- :eek:

Knowing a little about Indy Cars. If the throttle pedal hits the stop in 1st, 2nd or 3rd gear, your going to crash...no matter who's driving it.

Knowing a little about Indy Cars. If the throttle pedal hits the stop in 1st, 2nd or 3rd gear, your going to crash...no matter who's driving it.

T - Two straight lines of rubber until it hit a curb, launching it sideways into a block wall - Darrell claims he doesn't remember what happened, but I'll bet you have it right.

On a sad note, heard on the AKC dog show that the creator of your "Muttley" and the Jetsons' "Astro" passed away at 81. He provided those of us who love cartoons a lot of laughs - RIP :(

Must have been at least a 20 year old Indy Car, they haven't had on board starters for years and years. I can't imagine they would hand the car over WITH the external starter just to prevent this type of scenario.

Must have been at least a 20 year old Indy Car, they haven't had on board starters for years and years. I can't imagine they would hand the car over WITH the external starter just to prevent this type of scenario.

Chris - as I originally posted, this was a two seat detuned car that purportedly is owned by the father of an Indy 500 winner. It has head and tail lights and an Arizona license plate - not sure how this thing got licensed for the street.
After a little poking around, we found that it has an ignition switch - with the key still in it! Obviously, it still had plenty of power to get airborne, bend the front of the chassis and tear off left front and rear suspension!
And . . . Alan, I do have photos. I'll enlist Kelly's help this weekend to get em posted. Pay particular attention to all of the $100 bills on the wrap - :D

I'd say, somebody got some splaining to do...:D
Along with a few Benjamins to add to that wrap...:eek:
I swear, I hit the brakes, and it just took off!!:p
Ask Jim... LMAO;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back